“Reasonable price but get what you pay for!”
Review of Rugby Tavern

Rugby Tavern
Ranked #177 of 258 Restaurants in Leamington Spa
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Reasonable price but get what you pay for!”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Menu offers good selection but food is all what I call ping food. Do not go here for anything special as this is just basic with not a great astmosphere or welcoming staff. Years ago this place was really good & was busy every day, now the car park is usually empty which must reflect food & service as customers are talking with their feet

• Visited April 2013
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Rugby Tavern, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear ELISSE K,

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the Rugby Tavern in regards to the service you received. I can confirm that I have passed on your concerns to the management team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Kind regards

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Nothing Special”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I went to The Rugby Tavern with a colleague to watch the football and get something to eat. The meal deal food was cheap and of an acceptable standard. The desserts were very very sweet. The "big screens" to watch the football were actually quite small and the atmosphere was not particularly friendly. I won't be going back

• Visited April 2013
West Midlands
“Don't bother......”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Overall I was looking forward to going with friends but will never be returning!!Although price deal good on food....not worth poor service and rudely being spoken to by "manager".Bill was wrong so asked to speak to manger to get resolved and discuss terrible service throughout meal and frozen pudding.Was shocked to see and hear manager in no uniform,(like other staff?) not listen to complaint and tell ME to leave " HIS" pub? When my friends advised him of his rudeness to me he just shoved the correct bill at us and didn't want discuss any further.No customer service whatsoever.I suggest he needs to go on a training course.Glad I was with my friends otherwise I would have felt very intimidated.

Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Rugby Tavern, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Vicee1,

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

Kind regards

Leamington Spa
“You get what you pay for.”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Visited the restaurant the other day with a friend and our two children. There are cheap deals on food ( 2 meals for £10) and although the food isn't great, you do get what you pay for - reasonable tasting food. The service was friendly, you go to the bar to order. Once your meal has arrived they come back to see if you need anything else, so basic but reasonable service.

Kids are welcome, there is a decent selection of childrens meals.

I would visit again.

• Visited September 2012
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Needs to improve - drastically!”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

The prices are cheap, but that`s what you are paying for - cheap rubbish. Steak was over cooked, and peas were like pieces of gravel!!! Beer was poor too, and was warm. Overall ambience is ok, but poor food, and poor drink selection, and quality let this place down. Will not be returning in a hurry, if ever again..............

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank TwinRoom
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Rugby Tavern, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Dear TwinRoom,

Thank you for your recent review of the Rugby Tavern, we are sorry to hear that your visit was not to our expected standards.

We have passed your comments onto our management team to ensure that regular service is returned to the Rugby Tavern.

Regards