“Excellent!”

Woodland Grange
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Leamington Spa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I stayed for a couple of nights and found the accommodation to be well appointed and clean - it's so nice to have tea and coffee in the room. Also, there was an unlimited supply of beverages and biscuits in the communal areas which is great.
Staff were really helpful and friendly. Food (evening and breakfasts) excellent.
Highly recommended - I'd definitely go back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
John T, General Manager at Woodland Grange, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Thank you for such a positive review Jo A. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon, and hope that you had the chance to try one of the newly refurbished rooms.

There are newer reviews for Woodland Grange

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Stayed for two nights, whilst attending the Gardener's World event at the NEC. We were not sure what to expect as it is a conference centre. However the centre is changing and now offering good quality hotel facilities. The food is superb, and supported by competent staff who know what they are doing. The accommodation is being upgraded, which will encourage more people to use the hotel at weekends. The hotel is set in its own grounds with easy access to all the main tourist attractions in the area. We will certainly use the hotel in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear of the hotel overlooked lovely countryside
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
John T, General Manager at Woodland Grange, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

What a fantastic review y_monaghan. Thank you for taking the time to post it, and for affording us the top rating possible. We strive to ensure that all our guests have the best possible experience, and are always looking for ways to improve our facilities to meet your needs. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Lovely location (20 minutes from Stratford) and beautiful building and surrounding scenery. The breakfast was very good and the staff in the restaurant were very professional. The reception staff were a combination of extremely professional and helpful and couldn't care less. Good quality TV in the room. The shower is very powerful and there was a bath too. In general, the communal areas of the centre looked very fresh and modern. The sheets on the bed were very thin and yellow - the bedding in general was very old and worn. Some ongoing maintenance is required in the rooms e.g. the bathroom fan was very noisy. I was told that the modernisation is due to be completed by September 2013, when all the maintenance, room upgrades will be completed.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room if you go before September 2013.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your review Purplepuppy1, and for the wonderful rating you have afforded us. I’m proud to say that our ‘Warwickshire’ Breakfasts are a signature of ours, and I hope you had the chance to try one of our fresh Smoothies as an alternative. Our bedroom refurbishment is on track to be completed early in September as you have stated, and we look forward to your return visit where we hope to improve on your experience.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Stayed two nights while attending a meeting here. It's like they are run by two completely separate companies - the conference venue was good and well organised, the hotel was appalling.

So, our meeting venue, food and drink were all good and it ran to plan. I would recommend the conference venue (which is why they got two stars).

The hotel staff were somewhere between poor and downright obstructive. Too many examples to give but, as a taster:
* Check in. Me: "Can I have a pen to fill in the registration form"; Man behind desk "They're in that jar there". (The barman did the same thing so I guess it's company policy not to be helpful.)
* Tried to change rooms but the receptionist insisted they were fully booked and couldn't move me. Couldn't you move someone else? Eventually they did, but only when I insisted and insisted. And insisted yet more.
* Food in restaurant: Tom Yam soup that was genuinely chicken stock with neither hot nor sour added. Lamb went back as it was all fat. Reply from chef "Sorry, I didn't notice how fatty it was" So who cooked it??
* "Can you take the bill for dinner and just split it between everyone?" "No" (They did, but only because I told them to find a way. They even sent a manager to tell me it couldn't be done, yet in he end it was)
* Colleague had an old room which was dusty and had cobwebs

I could go on, but you get the picture.

The hotel company publishes five values and they failed on all five. Would I stay here again? What do you think!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Brightone2

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our venue Brightone2, and for the positive comments regarding our Conference facilities. I’m sorry that the rest of your experience was not up to our usual high standards and I have investigated the points you raised with the managers in each area. On this occasion we have failed to meet our objectives, but I can assure you that this is by no means a regular occurrence within our venue.
I do hope that you return, and offer us the chance to show you that we are capable of matching our service levels across the business.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Just had two nights here as I had meetings near by. It's a great hotel with stunning views all over, the breakfast was good and the food in the main restaurant is really good. The gym is well equipped and the facilities a very modern.

I wouldn't hesitate to return here especially as the staff were all so pleasant and helpful!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Yorkshirefoodies
John T, General Manager at Woodland Grange, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Thank you for such a fantastic review Yorkshirefoodies, I’m so pleased that you enjoyed the new Summer menu. I’ll ensure that the whole team get to see your review, and the comments you have made. Hopefully we’ll see you again, possibly for a leisure break instead of business.

Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

Had our managers meeting here over two days cannot fault this place. The food is excellent something for all tastes and light snacks at lunch time if ur not wanting a big meal. The rooms are comfy and spacious and the conference rooms are excellent if you are holding a meeting or conference this is an excellent venue

• Stayed: May 2013
John T, General Manager at Woodland Grange, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

Elizabeth, thank you for your review and the superb rating you have afforded us. We’re finalising our Summer menu at the moment, and hope you return to sample the new offering.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I have been using Woodland Grange for several years and I have never been disappointed. The best service, food and location. The only down side is when I have to book elsewhere as any other venue is always a major disappointment against such a benchmark!

Recent refurbishment has been carried out to high quality and further enhances an excellent venue. Don't consider anywhere else if you need a conference/training venue in this area with or without accommodation.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Caroline, thank you so very much for your comments. I have passed these through to our teams who will be immensely pleased that they have consistently exceeded your expectations. I'm personally glad that you are impressed with the new refurbishment, which was developed using client feedback, so some of this will have been down to you. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Leamington Spa
#4 of 16 in Leamington Spa
Falstaff Hotel
Falstaff Hotel
#13 of 16 in Leamington Spa

Been to Woodland Grange? Share your experiences!