“Not the Worst”
Review of Episode Hotel

Episode Hotel
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Leamington Spa
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stayed at the Episode for two nights on business. The reception staff are very helpful and pleasant. The biggest issue with my stay was that my room was in the attic, 4 flights of stairs and no lift! Whilst the reception staff were helpful, there was no offer of help with my bags but to be fair the girls were no bigger than me and would have equally struggled!
The corridor outside the room seemed dark and stale. The room itself was somewhat dated, with wallpaper coming off on the corners. That said, I am not there to look at the wallpaper so this was not too much of an issue. The bathroom was spotlessly clean albeit quite small but the carpet in the bedroom was stained and a bit grubby. The blind in the window did not fit properly, or if it did I could not work out home to make it stay closed!
The most annoying thing was the lack of sockets in the room, with my own phone, work phone and iPad to charge one socket does not satisfy the needs of most business travellers. I did in the end locate an extension cable with a couple of sockets on but this was hidden behind one of the bedside cabinets.
The bed was incredibly low and made a noise everytime I moved to the extent that even though I am a deep sleeper it woke me up. The pillows have also seen better days.
The breakfast was lovely and I don't agree with the bad reviews on this count.
All in all I probably would stay here again as I can't honestly say it is the worst place I have ever stayed in but the Episode is missing a trick, it could be so much more. It has a lot of promise but somehow falls short of its potential.

Room Tip: Room 19 is in the attic...avoid unless you are very fit!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ONeill71
There are newer reviews for Episode Hotel

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Hotel booked for family weekend by a very sceptical member. It turned out that there was no need for concern as the Hotel was ideal for this occasion, staff were excellent all round, food was good,location excellent. Can be highly recommended for this type of event catering for all different age groups and types.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I was looking to stay overnight in Leamington Spa, after an evening out. I stayed here on a Friday evening... I booked directly with the Hotel and it was cheaper than the Travel Lodge and Premier Inn. We had a ground floor room which was lovely. Room had everything you would expect, tea coffee, biscuits iron hair dryer etc ... And even some love hearts on the towels :-). Breakfast was freshly cooked and good quality ingredients. Staff were all very pleasant.
My only negative is that the car parking spaces are too small. We parked within the white lines, as did both cars either side of us, and in the morning we could not open our door to get into the car! Having said that a lovely male member of staff came and climbed in through the car window and moved the car forward for us. So problem was resolved, and at the end of the day the other hotels we considered didn't have any car parking on site.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We booked Episodes for over 30 family members who'd travelled from all over the UK. We chose it because it was small, friendly, good value and able to cater for all of the children. Baby listeners work in some bedrooms too. Sandra, the Manager, worked with us to ensure all of our needs were catered for and was available when we needed her. Most of the staff were excellent and worked so hard to ensure we had a good time. Breakfast was excellent, cooked to order. Dinners were great too but not big portions. Everyone was happy with the bedrooms and zbeds were prebookable. People on this review site who have complained should realise you get what you pay for. Episodes is inexpensive so you don't expect 5*. If you want comfort, friendliness, informality, value, cleanliness and a central location then this is a perfect venue!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Booked this hotel via red letter day gift. Checked in & waited for our free bottle of bubbly it did not arrive so we had to ask for it. We had a top floor attic room the window hardly opened & the bed was very low & creaked every time you moved, extremely annoying. Breakfast was poor & we had to ask for the toast. Overall the hotel is ok but parts are very dated. We will not be returning & would not recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank stellavodka
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed at the Episode for a wedding reception having previoulsy stayed there on a few occassions visiting friends - each stay has been a pleasure, with easy walking access to Leamington.

On this occassion we stayed in an attic room which due to the temperature outside was roasting to say the least. Even with the window open there was a limited breeze.

This however my only criticsm!

Room Tip: If the weather is warm try to avoid the attic rooms!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Me and my hubby booked this hotel via a red letter day gift. We weren't disappointed. The hotel was clean and the staff very friendly. Out room was on the third floor and was a huge attic room which was very spacious, clean and tastefully decorated. We had a bottle of champagne bought to us. Although we didn't eat out evening meal in the restaurant the menu looked lovely. The hotel is close to the centre of town. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple