“Comfortable and good location”
Review of Falstaff Hotel

Falstaff Hotel
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Leamington Spa
Reviewed March 11, 2011

Stayed at the Falstaff on business, yes the decor is a little dated but for the cost of the stay i'm not sure what more people expect?! Its in a good location with a nice atmosphere and the included breakfast was lovely. A good selection and good service to match.
If you are looking for a good value comfortable hotel i would recommend.

Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed March 8, 2011

I'm too shocked after mystay here to even write. It's disgusting and I didn't feel comfortable in the most run down hotel room/hostel I have ever tried to sleep in. Dirt, noise, poor staff, poor manners, awful food and no services whatsoever make this faulty towers. Avoid at all costs if a business traveller. Such a pity as poor choice elsewhere it seems.

• Stayed: February 2011
1  Thank TOGETHER_WE_TRAVEL35
Reviewed March 5, 2011

I stayed here with work for one night. If I was booked in for more than one night I would have moved myself to another hotel!
Please don't be fooled by the entrance and bar as the rooms are extremely dated and not particularly comfortable!
For £65 it's not a great deal and is just off the main road so really noisy. I think my room was above a generator and the light from the road shined into my room even though the curtains were closed!
Bar service was ok and whilst the two guys working were trying their best they seemed extremely stretched. Consequently service was slow, and the bar wasn't cheap!
As per the other reviews on here we will be recommending that this hotel is removed from our business hotel options.
Thank goodness I was with two friends from work otherwise it would have been one miserable night!!!

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed February 10, 2011

Grandiose foyer&reception area are misleading..as is the first imressipn of your room-spacious with massive bed...but although not dirty,just not very clean.layers of dust on walls&window..bathroom is extremely dated&very basic(not even posh toiletries to soften the blow!) I wouldn't recommend eating in the restaurant and you'd be better getting breakfast elsewhere unless you're happy with very basic cooked breakfast,tinned fruit,toast or yoghurt..not a pastry in sight and only basic selection of bread and pieces of fresh fruit..personally ill be going elsewhere next time and wouldn't recommend.

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed January 25, 2011

I, along with 3 of my work colleagues, had the misfortune of being booked into this hotel by my company, for 2 separate business meetings in Nov 2010. On both trips we were all given completely different rooms, none of which were of any quality. I found my rooms to be unclean, tired and dated, to say the least. Other issues were that only scalding hot water came out of the shower head, meaning I was eventually ushered by a member of staff into an unoccupied room one morning just to use the shower in there! One of the bathrooms smelt and there was a leak behind the sink. Mould could be found on the bathroom tiles. The net curtains were ripped. The spare blanket that was issued smelt as though a dog had been curled up on it! One of my colleagues arrived initially to find that his room had not been cleaned, even though we arrived well after the specified arrival time. We were all extremely unhappy with our accomodation and got talking with other business guests staying at this hotel, who felt the same as we did. They also intended on informing their company to take this hotel off their books from now on. Stay here at your peril!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Monkey082
Reviewed January 24, 2011

Stayed here for 2 days on Business over a weekend during January. I paid for 1 day while my company picked up the 2nd days cost. I booked over the web with the hotel as the cost was £65 for the King Size bed...

On arrival was given room 31 which had a double bed, no king size available. The room was small but fine for a short stay. Straight away I could hear some kind of music constantly playing from somewhere near the room I was staying in but couldn't locate it.

Having left for the evening for dinner everything seemed fine, we arrived back late evening and enjoyed a drink in the bar before bed. First thing in the morning, 6am the music started again and the noise from downstairs was unbearable. Room 31 is directly above the dining area and it turns out the hotel lobby speakers which are built into the ceiling causes all the noise in the room.

We asked to be moved and this time were given a king size bed.... This room was quiet, this time the only problem was the bed was made from 2 separate sections which were different heights, it made it difficult to sleep close to my partner... It wasn't the best... But it was only for 1 more night...

Finally the room we were moved to only had a bath, no shower... Who takes a bath in a hotel in this day and age?

Location, the hotel is a winner, very short walk to the town centre and within a nice quiet street.

Breakfast was pretty poor, we went down at 8.30am to be told the delivery hadn't arrived so no bread for toast and a hot meal would take 20mins to make....

I was still billed £10 for this

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed January 4, 2011

We booked 3 night new year celebration stay, and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Our room was a good size, clean, comfortable bed (decent pillows for a change), good shower. Food was good,in fact too much for us. Entertainment was okay not brilliant. Good location.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends