“Disappointing!”
Review of Falstaff Hotel

Falstaff Hotel
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Leamington Spa
Reviewed February 19, 2010

Stayed here for one night for business reasons and was quite disappointed. The hotel is in need of a ‘refurb’ and I would agree with a previous review in that it seems ‘lifeless’. Despite booking a double room I was provided with a very small single. The window wouldn’t shut (In February!) and the constant banging of doors throughout the night disturbed my sleep. The TV had no aerial until I complained but to be fair they did fix it. Food was ok and service the best they could give, but not the best I have seen.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Falstaff Hotel

Reviewed February 18, 2010

Hotel exterior appearence needs an uplift,interior clean and presentable,room clean and comfortable although a little small,tv needs updating.Bar quite cosy with modern deco,restaraunt very pleasant with elegant accessories and reasonable food, £10 special offer pre book menus bare no resemblance to what you are offered on the night but food was good value for the price.Breakfast sunday morning was a shambles due to a shortage of staff,which was evident in all areas of the hotel, with friendly helpful staff being put under a lot of unnecessary pressure by having to double up on duties and shifts.I feel this hotel could be so much better with not a lot of additional expenditure and overall we enjoyed our stay in what is a very nice town,with plenty of places to visit in quite a small radius of it. John&Barbara Evans(swansea)

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jevs1
Reviewed February 15, 2010

Hotel look shabby on outside
Very grande on the inside but old fashioned
Hotel and bar did not have a relaxing atmosphere
Booked by telephone and wanted to ask questions and was told all would be in an email which I didnt receive
Reception could not find my reservation despite giving them the reference number
Staff were adequate but not friendly or welcoming
Room was a good size but dull
toilet roll holder fell off wall, as did the towel rail
hairdryer and trouser press didnt work & iron was useless
Old Tv only had 5 channels
boring
breakfast was ok

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 1, 2010

Stayed here because there was a deal for reduced rates with ticket for local gig venue The Assembly . Paid £55 for single room.
Ate in the restaurant - £10 for 3 courses (pre-booking only), and this was great value for money, and pretty good food too!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed December 13, 2009

Our room wasn't too bad when compared to some other 3 star hotels we have stayed in albeit the room was one with with a queen sized bed so assume it was one of their better rooms
Also the hotel wasn't just as dire as we expected reading other trip advisor reviews.
The hotel was about a 10 minute walk down to the town centre, which was a nice place to visit.
The restaurant is the best part of the hotel and the food whilst a tad expensive in the evening was of a reasonable standard.
Downside... & I cannot underplay this was the bar,which is a depressing black colour, so much so , I couldn't even go in it and spent evenings out.
Handy location for Leamington Spa and Warwick Castle only a few mins drive away.

Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2009

Our group of family and friends stayed at the Falstaff Hotel for a Murder Mystery weekend.
I can only say that the rooms, cleanliness, service and food were all much better than I had anticipated after reading previous reviews..
Three of us were actually staying in one room - on arrival we realised we only had two each of the essentials i.e., towels, teacups etc., we reported this to reception within minutes someone arrived at our room with the further set of essentials. I could not fault the food and its presentation. The staff were efficient and friendly and I would make a particular reference to Julien, he was so friendly and pleasant whilst still remaining professional.
I would definitely return to this hotel - Thanks to all the staff for a excellent weekend.
I would also mention the Murder Mystery - it was a first class production - even though I did lose sleep on the Saturday night trying to figure out who the murderer could be - Well done to everyone - such a pleasant weekend giving our group a feel good factor that we all need .

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 15, 2009

I was worried, after reading reviews on this site, that my annual weekend away with friends would be spoilt by a dirty, unfriendly, outdated hotel. How glad I am that I decided to make my own mind up.
We came for a murder mystery weekend courtesy of the 'It's Murder' team and had a brilliant time. There was only 1 member of staff who found the job of smiling a little too difficult - the rest could not do enough for our group and went out of their way to help. One I feel I must mention by name is Julien in the bar who was lovely, friendly and put us at our ease. The rooms were fine, clean and tidy with all the facilities you would expect.
Food was delicious and there was a good choice (scrambled eggs were yummy!!!). Staff in the dining room were, in the main, friendly and helpful.
The only thing I would say is that there was no lift in the building so an offer of carrying cases to the rooms would have been nice.
I would definitely return to the hotel having had a great weekend! My advice would be to take these reviews as they are, other people's opinions, and make up your own mind. I reall dont know what some people expect!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends