“Attended conference”

Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Leamington Spa
London, United Kingdom
“Attended conference”
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff and managers, we have been attending this hotel for the past 3years every week for our meetings for my business, I highly recommend Falstaff for the service, great value, location and fabulous atmosphere. Lunch is delicious when we have our meetings we look forward to dinner. Thank you Falstaff hotel

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Miah89

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Thank you Falstaff for a nice room a good dinner and clean comfortable bedroom. Much better than the premier inn, holiday inn and angel, will be back next week, a really good atmosphere here. Good food and service.

Room Tip: Room 6, very comfortable
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
England, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on 22-24 Feb - lovely location and character but dirty curtains, dreadful service (bar 1 great employee) no housekeeping - no replenishment of towels, toiletries, tea/coffee. Ordered breakfast in room for 2nd day - order not collected, breakfast not delivered until 2 phone calls made as they were "busy"

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Leamington Spa hotels

Ingbrirchworth, UK
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Booked this hotel on line, found the place nice and easy, plenty of Car parking space front and rear of the building.
A nice young Friendly Lady on the reception desk took my details and gave directions to my room. I was in a nice double room facing the rear car park, not much of a view, but nice and quiet:)
I had a little walk into Leamingotn Spa, 10-20 minutes, depending on how fast you walk, not too many hills.
Went back to the hotel, had a relaxing bath and a good night sleep.
Overall a nice Hotel, good for work or a relaxing weekend or mid-week break.

Room Tip: My room was on the ground floor behind the reception area, facing the rear car park. Nice and quiet...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank kevin o
Matt T, General Manager at Falstaff Hotel, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear Kevin, Thank you for your review. It was good to hear that you enjoyed a relaxing break at the hotel. Leamington Spa is a perfect place to relax and enjoy the surrounding area and vibrant town centre. I have passed your kind comments to the team here, all of which appreciated reading your review. Thank you once again. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 25, 2014

On the whole, the hotel was great for what we actually paid for it, you genuinely do get what you pay for! The room and bathroom were clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast was fine, a buffet style with plenty of choice and perfectly edible. You could tell some of the items had been out a while though which is one of the reasons I wouldn't give the hotel 5 stars! The shower in our room was disappointing, I couldn't have washed my hair with it but this wasn't too much of an issue as the bath was good. The room was a little smaller than I expected from the photos but perfect for the time we were spending there. The bed was very comfy but you could hear literally everything from the rooms around ours which wasn't ideal. Within good walking distance to the centre of Leamington Spa and we walked to Warwick castle from the hotel which took just over 30 mins. Overall, a great stay for the price.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sophie L
Thank you for your constructive feedback. I will be passing your feedback to the relevant departments where they will be addressed and improvements made where possible. Your comments regarding breakfast are also appreciated. Continued replenishment of items should be taking place. I am sorry that this was not the case in this instance. We do also operate a waiter/waitress served breakfast service, but due the the number of guests expected for breakfast it was not possible on this occasion. Thank you again for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.
Iver, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Had cause to stay at this hotel on 20th February. Had not pre-booked and didn't arrive until 7.50pm. Room very clean and comfortable, with tea/coffee making facilities.
Went to eat in their restaurant and the waiter was extremely helpful. I am a registered coeliac so eating out isn't always easy. However after the waiter made enquiries with the chef I chose a fish pie. I have to say it was the best fish pie I'd tasted in a long time. Big chunks of salmon and king prawns with a crisp topping of leek and potato mash. I cannot praise it enough! The chef even offered to stop on his way to work the following morning to purchase some gluten free bread for me! How's that for service? It doesn't often happen.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Merle F
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the Falstaff Hotel. The restaurant team and particularly the Head Chef would like to pass on their thanks also. They were all very pleased to hear that you felt well looked after. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future. Thanks again.
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 24, 2014

A stay at this hotel was ruined by the theft of my designer prescription glasses by the housekeeping staff. These glasses were a sentimental gift and I am devastated. I had put them on my bedside table and forgot to pack them when I checked out yesterday - I telephoned the hotel first thing this morning and they insist that they are no longer in the room but refuse to concede that the housekeeping staff must have taken them, despite admitting that no-one else has had access to the room.

If you do stay here, you will find very helpful reception, bar and restaurant staff but please do not leave your valuables unattended at any time!!

I am extremely sad and upset not only that this has happened, but also at the attitude of the hotel when I reported this. I am sure there is some rule or regulation waiving any responsibility on the part of the hotel in connection with the 'loss' (or as I call it, theft) of guests' personal belongings but if I ran a hotel where this sort of thing was happening I would implement a stop and search policy or at least fully investigate any incidents of this nature recording on whose shift they happened.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jackie e
Matt T, General Manager at Falstaff Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Further to your recent review. Thank you for your comments regarding the service received from Reception, Bar and Restaurant Team. I must however strongly disagree with your comments regarding your apparent “theft” accusation as it cannot be substantiated. There is no evidence to suggest that any staff member was ever involved. Due to their very nature, allegations such as these are taken extremely seriously. A full internal investigation has taken place. I have also advised you to seek further assistance from the police should you decide to take further action. As of today however, I am yet to hear from the Police regarding this matter. I am sorry that you have lost your glasses but I strongly disagree that the team here are at all responsible.