“Très bien”

Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Leamington Spa
Paris, France
“Très bien”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I stayed there for 2 nights for my graduation with my parents and a friend. The staff was really really helpful and help us out with everything. Very clean room the only problem was with our heating : it was too hot (but we did not even ask the reception to do something, so I guess it did not bother us that much).

Room Tip: The center of the city is NOT far away walking (like 10 min) even if it does not seem in a map. Ask...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Matt T, Manager at Falstaff Hotel, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thank you for your review. Customer Service is key so I really appreciate that you have acknowledged this strength following your recent stay. Your comments have been circulated around the team here who would like to convey their thanks also. I do hope that you consider a return visit on your next trip to the area. Thanks again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Warwickshire
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Stayed fri 17th jan, a late booking we were attracted by the fantastic bargain price.
It was a very cold day, so we were pleased to receive warm welcome & greeted by friendly and professional reception staff, Kerrie. She explained everything go us, opening times, location of bar, breakfast etc etc and offered help with our luggage as there is no lift. Being offered help with your luggage goes a long way, Well done kerrie.
Reception/lobby decorated elegantly.

After reading the reviews we were skeptical on the rooms, so weren't expecting much.
Pleasantly surprised, Room 65 very warm and cosy, clean & tidy.
This is nit picking but I did miss a bin in bathroom, women especially require a bin for sanitary reasons.
Yes the room decor is a bit tired, but clean, cosy & comfortable, so does the job and I am quite fussy. Further to be fair to the falstaff ive stayed in more expensive places which also needs refurbishment. Besides im sure the hotel manager/cooperation are already aware a refurbishment is needed, and will get done at some point.
The floorboards do creak but only added to the charm of this olde worlde regency building, if you don't want to enjoy/appreciate the stunning architecture of the falstaff then stay in a soul less modern hotel.
Friendly cleaner provided extra milk when I asked her and politely said for us to enjoy our stay, again friendly staff who care about your experience.
A short walk into town, took me 15 minutes as I am unfit and walk slow, my other half could have got there in less than half that time. So no taxi costs.

The only negative if im honest is I had is the room overlooked the kitchen, they had the door open, the kitchen staff were very loudly talking or should I say shouting, banging, singing, clapping.
Listening to their incessant shouting was irritating beyond belief. Infact It woke us up and kept us awake. This needs to be addressed in order to maintain professional standards, they are letting hotel down.
Giving up on sleep my other half went for breakfast. He said it was enjoyable until the cook came in and shouted across the restaurant to the waitress, and she shouted back her response "a sausage sandwich". This was unprofessional and totally spoiled the atmosphere, it is not a transport cafe. Only offered one cup of coffee throughout breakfast.
These are not major issues and can be sorted easily.
We totally enjoyed our stay and will be returning, I only mention the negatives as constructive criticism to improve the service and thus the hotel experience.
Another positive was the charming hotel night porter, yes he did have limited English but more than made up for it in politeness and friendly hospitality. He anticipated our needs and was able to assist us in a professional manner, well done.

This hotel had excellent customer service and a lovely hotel so we will be staying again soon.
Bottom line is I would recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank a W
Matt T, Manager at Falstaff Hotel, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thank you for your kind comments regrading the Customer Service received during your recent stay. I have passed your comments to Kerrie (Receptionist) and Becci (House Keeper) who would both like to thank you also. I have also addressed the points raised regarding excessive noise from the kitchen and quality of service during breakfast. I hope the improvements introduced following your feedback will be evident when you next visit the hotel. Thank you once again.
Littlehampton
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Stayed 22nd January 2014 in Room 1, had a continuous droning noise all night and the room smelt of bad eggs. Also very tired looking

Reception was good and gave me a free breakfast for the trouble, but tried to say that this was the first complaint they had received!!!

Premier Inn next time me thinks

Room Tip: Don't get room 1
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Cliff589

Travelers are raving about these Leamington Spa hotels

Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

The hotel has a musty dusty smell the net curtains in our room were dirty as the Windows are kept open all day to get rid of the smell the shower would never get shampoo out of your hair the water pressure is so poor the bath panel moves a lot every time the door is open the view was a white wall breakfast was just ok tinned fruit and salty bacon the hotel is like a maze we would not stay there again

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BridgetEvon
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Taking our 3 young children away is never an easy experience. We chose this hotel because of the location and price. Our overall experience was great. Friendly staff that helped us to our nice clean and spacious room. Food was lovely, even the kids enjoyed it. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Think we might even go back in the summer a break away from the busy London life.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank ElizabethF1988
Matt T, Manager at Falstaff Hotel, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. Your kind comments have been circulated around the team here, who would all like to convey their thanks also. Constructive feedback is always appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Falstaff when you next plan a retreat from London. Thanks again.
Worcester
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

Hotel is a great escape with friendly and cheerful staff. Always happy to help.
Spacious & clean rooms , Comfy bed and delicious breakfast!
Would defiantly recommend to anyone that was staying in the area suitable for business , pleasure or both.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Vasos73
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 31, 2013

My husband and I were there for 3 nights. The first room, very basic, cold, very small bed for 2, bad shower, anyway, I couldn't sleep properly. I asked for another room and the manager was very helpful and gave us other room whitout any extra cost! very good costumer service. The new room was nice but about the bed, was 2 single beds joint so I could feel the difference between thos 2 in one. I good if you do not have too much expectations...

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple