The hotel is very good value and the rooms reflect the price, a fair deal for a good price.
The receptionist was very nice and extremly helpful on arrival and departure, it was what happened in during our stay that left us coming away wondering how this hotel suvives.
My friend had travelled from Guernsey to meet me for a birthday celebration in Leamington, we booked the hotel due to its location, this was the first disapointment it was at least a 20 minute walk to the centre of town and even further to the railway station, due to luggage and also being 2 ladies in our 50's we decided that it was too far to walk with luggage and also too remote to walk to and from after dark, so we ended up spending over £30 in taxi fayres (minimum charges to go anywhere in Leamington is £6!)
We arrived back at a reasonable time on the Saturday evening, very tired and in need of a good nights sleep as my friend was travelling on to Scotland the following day on the train. We were awoken in the early hours to a party that was happening in a nearby room, it went on until nearly 5am! we tried to call a night porter to complain, the phone in the room did not work and there was no mobile reception.
On Sunday morning we dragged ourselves down to breakfast, we made it for 10am to be told that last orders for breakfast are 9.55am and the chef had gone home. We were then served some stewed coffee, which was undrinkable and advised we could help ourself to what was left of the continental breakfast, this consisted of prunes, peaches (no yoghurt) cereals, half a glass of orange juice between us and bread (the toaster wasn't working) We asked the waiter if he could do us a toasted sandwich, he said the best he could do was a normal sandwich so we decided to forget it and go to Weatherspoons. Whilst we had no problem with the waiter, he was as helpful as he could have been, maybe the chef could have gone slightly out of his way? we only actually would of wanted a bacon sandwich or similar as neither of us are big breakfast eaters.
The hotel was truly good value for money but they need to work on their customer satisfaction, a sleepless night and a poor breakfast experience surely should be the central focus of the business? We did understand that we only just made breakfast and would have been happy to have had toast/bacon sandwich, the fact that the chef had gone home at 10am and was not flexible ended our stay at the hotel in a bad light.
Thank goodness for the very nice and polite receptionist!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in Royal Leamington Spa! BEST WESTERN Falstaff Hotel is near the fashionable town of Royal Leamington Spa, with its Georgian and Victorian architecture, tree-lined avenues, squares and glorious gardens. The perfect place to while away a peaceful afternoon! Created in the early 1920s from three Victorian mansions, the hotel has lost none of its character over the years. In fact, its more appealing than ever, with parkland, riverside walks and other beautiful towns and cities to enjoy before returning to the friendly, welcoming atmosphere at the hotel. Warwick Castle and Stratford-upon-Avon are both within easy reach, with something for everyone to enjoy from shopping to Shakespeare! Welcome to Leamington Spa.You name it, we're near it! From clay pigeon shooting and paint balling at the local activity centre to art galleries and National Trust properties, there's plenty to see and do when you stay at this wonderful Warwickshire hotel! Landmarks and getting around: 3 miles from Warwick & Warwick Castle, 1 mile from Royal Pump Rooms, Jephson Gardens, 10 miles from Gaydon Motor Museum & Activity Centre, 7 miles from Charlecote Park (National Trust), 1 mile from The Assembly, Leamington Spa. BEST WESTERN Falstaff Hotel at a glance: well located and well-equipped, our hotel is well worth a visit! 63 hotel rooms, 2 bars, free WiFi, 1 restaurant, 7 meeting and conference facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Falstaff Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Leamington Spa
- Leamington Spa Best Western