I had my stay booked by an organisation I was working with and had a weeks stay. I had read the reviews on TripAdvisor so was a little worried on what I might find. It looks ok from the outside and the entrance area. I must say I found my room clean although dated and extremely small if it was a double room. (Room 57 double bed). The room had a phone call charge list on the bedside cabinet but no phone, which was not a problem really because I wouldn't have used it. A bracket on the wall for an hairdryer but no hairdryer, again not a problem because I wouldn't have used it. What did irritate me greatly was the T.V reception or lack of it. A nice TV but lost signal about every 5 mins so trying to watch a programme became a waste of time. I reprogrammed it several times but to no avail. A colleague in another room experienced the same problem.
The hotel seemed to have more contractor custom than business or leisure custom. The breakfasts were acceptable, the young french waiter seemed far more interested in his job than the other young staff.
Only had one drink in the bar, expensive as you would expect but the beer tasted off. I did overhear another guest asking when the food he had ordered some time previously was going to arrive,I left before it did!
Got the wifi code from reception which worked once and then could not connect, the reception said that maintenance was taking place on it, never got it again.
Sorry but the £70 a night cost could find you a far better place to stay.
Note ; The photos were taken upto the wall to try and show the 'full room' the toilet and shower are in the room behind the bed head and to the right of the wall mirror.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in Royal Leamington Spa! BEST WESTERN Falstaff Hotel is near the fashionable town of Royal Leamington Spa, with its Georgian and Victorian architecture, tree-lined avenues, squares and glorious gardens. The perfect place to while away a peaceful afternoon! Created in the early 1920s from three Victorian mansions, the hotel has lost none of its character over the years. In fact, its more appealing than ever, with parkland, riverside walks and other beautiful towns and cities to enjoy before returning to the friendly, welcoming atmosphere at the hotel. Warwick Castle and Stratford-upon-Avon are both within easy reach, with something for everyone to enjoy from shopping to Shakespeare! Welcome to Leamington Spa.You name it, we're near it! From clay pigeon shooting and paint balling at the local activity centre to art galleries and National Trust properties, there's plenty to see and do when you stay at this wonderful Warwickshire hotel! Landmarks and getting around: 3 miles from Warwick & Warwick Castle, 1 mile from Royal Pump Rooms, Jephson Gardens, 10 miles from Gaydon Motor Museum & Activity Centre, 7 miles from Charlecote Park (National Trust), 1 mile from The Assembly, Leamington Spa. BEST WESTERN Falstaff Hotel at a glance: well located and well-equipped, our hotel is well worth a visit! 63 hotel rooms, 2 bars, free WiFi, 1 restaurant, 7 meeting and conference facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Falstaff Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Leamington Spa
- Leamington Spa Best Western