“Lovely meal! ” 5 of 5 bubbles

Momenti
Ranked #12 of 255 Restaurants in Leamington Spa
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Lovely meal! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

I had a thoroughly enjoyable experience at this restaurant; the staff were friendly and helpful, and even though we were among the last people there by the end of the evening, in no way did we feel like we were being rushed at any point.
I had three courses, all of which were delicious; the portion sizes were perfect so that I felt full after the meal but not uncomfortably stuffed! The food was very well presented and the menu was unique and varied.
I loved the atmosphere in this restaurant; the fairy lights and candles by the window were pretty and gave the restaurant a cosy feel.
I will definitely be returning to this restaurant!

1 Thank Anna R

England
“Great Expectations?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

This restaurant is not wheelchair accessible so I took the opportunity of my OH's day out to sample this restaurants No.1 tripadvisor status for myself.
The owners have done their best with the interior of this very small restaurant by keeping it light and airy and the space-saving spartan chairs were surprisingly comfy. I ordered the beef carpaccio which was very tender and well presented with rocket, marinated mushrooms and parmesan rather than truffel, but there was no evidence of the beef being marinaded in anything other than extra-virgin olive oil in which it was swimming. The proferred bread at no extra cost was welcome to mop up the oil but the beef was disappointingly flavourless and would have benefitted from some seasoning.
For the main course I ordered gorganzola linguine presented as an ample portion but I would not have guessed it's flavour without thinking about it long and hard. The waitress offered to add more gorganzola but that is really not the point. The sauce was in any case already too thick and heavy. Even I, as a home cook, can produce a light sauce bursting with the flavour of gorganzola so this dish was simply a filler. Chef appeared to use no salt or other seasoning so both courses were to me, overly cautious although freshly ground black pepper was offerred. The house white wine was pleasing and excellent value.
Apart from the lack of seasoning I must mention a couple of other pet hates - one is cayenne pepper sprinkled round the edge of each plate ready to stain cuffs and very 1990's, the other is the square profile handle of the cutlery which I find is the worst shape for winding pasta. So much more fluid with flatish handles.
Like a previous reviewer I eat out very regularly and although pleasant enough I would certainly not put this restaurant as number one in Leamington or number one Italian.

• Visited May 2014
4 Thank Flyballpaddy
Emilio-Pheona, Owner at Momenti, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
A very short reply to you.......As unfortunately I do not have so much time to sit down and write a long winded reply!!!!!!!!!!!
From your review it looks to me like you are ready to open up your own restaurant...I wish you Good Luck!
Now down to a couple of the points you made, you mentioned that the carpaccio did not come with truffles .. ok .. but the point is we do not state anywhere that it does!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Related to your thoughts on the pasta dish... if you take 1/2 pound of parmesan and copious amounts of black pepper before even tasting the dish I truly have no comment about this.
It still amazes me to this day when people write these kind of reviews but when in the restaurant the plates are returned spotlessly clean to the kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyway many thanks
Emilio
“Wonderful Birthday Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

As I left a message to book the table for my birthday meal, I was really pleased that I was called back promptly.
When we arrived, we were greeted as we walked in and they knew who we were. It was our first visit and we were really impressed with food and told the waitress so. The chef then came out to thank us. Good value, lovely friendly staff and great food and wine. We shall be back soon !

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Mandy H
Dursley, United Kingdom
“First Time Visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

We went here as a result of tripadvisor recommendations and boy was it worth it! A truly outstanding restaurant, brilliant staff and the food, well, I don't often say this but this was one of the best meals we have ever had. An amazing take on garlic bread which you effectively prepare yourself, I had perfect chicken with tallegio and my wife the monkfish. All topped off with Tarta Dell Nonno. All were outstanding. I can't recommend this place enough. At the risk of sounding snobby it's not in the best part of town but it looks an up and coming area and this will add to that area and Leamington too. Itwas extremely good value too.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Andy M
Rugby, United Kingdom
“bella italiana”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

Great food and fantastic service.Very authentic.Think this will become our new regular eating place.
Grazie mille