“Has gone down hill”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Warwickshire, United Kingdom
“Has gone down hill”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

It saddens me to write this as I used to rave about this little hidden gem. We had friends to stay and wanted to go out for a nice curry so I thought Delhi Palace would be the perfect choice as we had been many times before and had really enjoyed it. Unfortunately, this was not the case this time around. We got a table straight away as it was pretty empty. After ordering, it took about an hour for our food to arrive...I don't mind waiting but by this point we were all pretty hungry. We could also smell a faint sewage smell in the air, enough to make us question what it was. The food arrived and to say the least, the quality of the chicken used in my dish was disgusting. It was a dark brown colour...pretty sure it was off. I had eaten some of it, and dont get me wrong, the nann bread and curry sauce was delicious. A day later I had awful stomach cramps/pains and felt very sick....I'm thinking it was the chicken as it was the only different thing I had to everyone else. Not impressed at al as this was my favourite curry resturant.

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank Whoz-Hooz

“Rubbisg”
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Service was rubbish. Took ages for food.
Think place is over prices

Think the cream they used was off too

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank sexyav
leamington spa
“Parm and his Family are welcoming hosts with time for everyone. Butter chicken a must. Was a quiet Tuesday and they even let us”
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Been coming here for fifteen years. Highly recommend the food here. The family are very friendly and the place has a nice atmosphere. Two people- rice, two mains three starters and beer and two nan breads all for thirty pounds. Good for groups and couples alike. Often taken people there to sample great, home cooked food cooked from scratch.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank rebecca d
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Lovely food, service could have been better”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Ate here for a friends birthday. Smart interior, although the exterior is rather shabby and could do with a refurb. Service started off well. Food was lovely, we all thoroughly enjoyed our meals. Once we had finished our main courses we were left with empty plates infront of us for a good 20 minutes, the restaurant wasn't busy, there was only one other table in and three waiting staff, they seemed a lot more interested in chatting to each other. I would eat here again because the food was good but the service unfortunately was poor.

• Visited April 2013
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Brilliant food in a really nice atmosphere”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

If you have never sampled Leamington's best Indian food then don't hang around, book a table at the Delhi Palace. My family, friends and I have been enjoying this place for more than 15 years - except for a couple of short periods when it has undergone refurb / refits. But don't go there for the decor, go for the superb food prepared by master chef Parm and the relaxed atmosphere under management of Nav and the team.

• Visited March 2013