“Friendly staff, good food & drink”
Review of Chico's - CLOSED

Chico's
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: Chico’s is undoubtedly one of Leamington Spa’s most lively eateries. From the friendly staff to the fun groups of young people who seem to surround the tables night after night this was never going to be the place for a stuffy three course meal. However, far from being a High Street theme restaurant Chico’s feels very much like one of those gems you might stumble across on holiday and return to night after night. From the moment you arrive, roll up your sleeves, and get stuck in to those South American inspired cocktails to the moment you declare yourself defeated by the hearty portions of quesadilla and chilli you just know you’ll be back.
Bath, United Kingdom
“Friendly staff, good food & drink”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Very welcoming staff, who were friendly and helpful throughout the evening.
This restaurant has a rather strange menu - half Mexican and half Greek / Turkish. Think chimi changa and fajitas mets moussaka and lamb cutlets and you won't be far wrong.
There's no draft beer, only bottled, which can add substantially to the overall cost if you indulge too much. There is also reasonably priced wine (from under £20 a bottle) and cocktails with risque names.
We were given some garlic bread and olives to eat while choosing our food, which was a nice touch.
The food was OK, my starter of nachos was a little disappointing because they had been microwaved and gone soggy, but the chicken fajitas more than made up for it. I got 4 pancakes, and more chicken, pepper and onion served on a sizzler than I could fit in them. Served with various garnishes including sour cream, guacamole and cheese.
I sampled the sangria (with the extra vodka option), I watched the bar tender make it from 3 spirits, plus wine plus a dash of lemonade - very reasonably priced considering what went into it, and very tasty as well!
Sadly we didn't sample the desserts because we were too full from the other courses, but they looked good on the menu and cost about £6 each.
Total bill for 2 people was just under £60 with drinks.

• Visited April 2013

“Excellent!”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Lovely restaurant. Fantastic staff, nothing is too much trouble.
Every time I go I have wonderful food.
The best food in town :-)

• Visited May 2012
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Great Tasty Mexican Food”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We eat regularly as a family at Chicos. The evening meals are excellent with good portions, friendly service & a good choice on the menu. My daughters & I often enjoy their very reasonable lunch menu which is amazing value as is only £5.95 for two courses. We find the asmosphere relaxed with a twist of fun! Tonight the waitress brought us over some mexican hats which had us all in fits of laughter taking pictures which our children immediately sent out to friends.

• Visited April 2013
“Great food and service”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We went to chicos with voucher. Food was great, service was great lovely Turkish waiter found out I loved olives brought me a lovely dish of them over and didn't charge us. Would defiantly recomend. Will go again

Coventry
“An excellent meal”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We visited Chico's last night for a 2 course meal usign a Christmas Group-on vouchers. Unlike all the other recent reviews the staff were attentive without being overbearing and the food was prompt. My partner had the beef enchilada's which were delicious.

• Visited March 2013