“Very disappointed”
Review of Nicolinis Restaurant - CLOSED

Nicolinis Restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: There���s something rather special about Nicolini���s that can���t quite be put into words. You���ve got to go there to know what we mean. It has the relaxed and elegant look of a restaurant that doesn���t need to try too hard��� because it doesn���t. Having been part of Leamington Spa���s pretty Victorian Parade for over 25 years, this family-run Italian gem is a fully-established member of Warwickshire���s top restaurant set. Night after night chef Vincello Cardinali produces wonderful dishes ��� vegetarian tortellini (starter), his famous rack of lamb, veal in a lobster cream sauce... Daily specials not only offer regulars a new sensation but give Vincello the opportunity to set his gifted imagination free. Everyone���s a winner. Manager Franco and daughter Cassandra offer superb service with a smile.
Reviewed September 30, 2012

After reading very favourable reviews online, I happily booked up for a table here. The service was terrible throughout - coats were not taken at the start and then not given back at the end. Drink top ups were not offered either. Lack of attention was given to our table - it was rather stuck in the corner and forgotten about. Had a mediocre, cold, bruschetta to start and the squid ink pasta main which was distinctly underwhelming. Was waitresses first few nights but that is no excuse. Will not return - Momenti is in a different league to this place!

There are newer reviews for Nicolinis Restaurant

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Went for a pre-birthday meal with 3 friends...was supposed to be 4 but one couldn't make it at the last minute. I was 'told off' by the owner for not letting him know (I assume he was the owner - he certainly acted that way!) & then told I was affecting his business in an economic downturn. I was amazed by this treatment & almost left at the point. Service was then slow, they forgot to bring a glass of wine altogther and generally the evening was very flat. I was just thankful it wasn't my actual birthday meal out, as it would have been ruined. I'm in Scotland on my birthday...where they know what service means. The only saving grace is the food is always lovely there & until this point it had been my favourite Italian restaurant in Leamington Spa (& there are loads to choose from). Now I will think twice about ever going back...as I said - load of alternatives to choose from. Itailan hospitality 0/10...food 9/10....

1  Thank EmmaWilco11
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Nice Italian food and very friendly staff would certainly go back. Good menu and cosy and comfortable surroundings. not the typical main stream Italian

2  Thank Steven W
Reviewed September 4, 2012

love the fact it i a proper italian restaurant with Franco the owner front of house and nothing is too much trouble. food is always fresh cooked to order and there is always lovelty fresh table linen on the tables. The black pasta is amazing and the steaks are cooked to perfection and also cooked as you wish. The fish selection is also impressive . Please go Buon appetito

2  Thank Grasslees
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I used to come in here for coffees in the afternoon and have only eaten at the restaurant a couple of times, but after going on saturday I was thrilled with the food. My friend and I went to grab a bite to eat before going out later that evening. The food itself is completely delicious, the bruschetta was gorgeous without falling apart (a pet peeve of mine) and the tortellini was to die for! I ordered a starter sized portion of the pasta for my main after seeing the giant portions! The food is fresh and authentic and I would highly recommend if you want a lovely cheap meal in Leamington. The only downfall was the service, one of the waitresses and the manager was lovely but another waitress needed to pull her face straight in all honesty! But she wasn't about to ruin my meal and I made sure the tip went to the restaurant as opposed to her.

1  Thank Becky S