“Top marks - in every aspect”

La Coppola Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A little bit about us... Since its opening in May 2008, lovers of Italian food have made La Coppola the place to enjoy the best Italy can offer the discerning palate. Head Chef Jhun Mendoza and his team, conjure up dishes using only the finest and freshest ingredients, many sourced directly fromItaly, like the buffalo mozzarella from Campania, sun ripened tomatoes from Sicily and 24 month matured San Daniele Parma ham, with locally supplied fresh produce an equally important feature. Giacomo Esposito and his team will welcome you to your table and offer you specialities from our menu which will always include choices of fresh fish and seafood that have been sourced directly from the fish market on a daily basis. La Coppola also offers a unique atmosphere, with surroundings reminiscent of the Italian countryside together with echoes of best loved artistic masterpieces.
Reviewed November 20, 2012

After a day out in Leamington Spa, we decided on La Coppola after the great decor and a quick look at the menu. With an extensive and authentic italian range of meals we were extremely impressed with the quality of our meals - including the flambe brandy sauce directly at the table. Service was impeccable, the interior is fascinating and provides a great ambience.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,104)

Reviewed November 18, 2012

We went for my husbands birthday and it's a place that can really feel like you are celebration. Twinkling lights, lovely decor and great service. My daughter and I ate from the main menu and loved it while my husband ate seafood and was a little disappointed as it want fresh - but then he's a bit of a sea food perfectionist. He still had a good time.

I loved my flambed ice cream pudding very theatrical

All together a lovely evening

16 year old daughter keen to go back for more of their spagetti.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

We went here last Christmas eve as a special occasion after walking past and admiring the outside and interior so many times - after our visit this was the only good thing still about the restaurant.

Walking in we were greeted by an old grumpy Italian man, the owner we think who asked us to wait a moment - then a couple walked in behind who he obviously knew from before and greeted them and pushed us to the side.

He then sat us at a poor table, right by the door and in the middle of the restaurant so people were walking past us, we then asked if we could choose one of the other 3 tables that were free and he said that the other couple who came in afterwards had to choose first and then we could select one... incredibly rude!!!

After getting a table away from the -3 Celsius weather by the door we ordered, staff were average in terms of service, not really very smiley or happy - we thought the menu was very overpriced, but judging on the interior we thought that the food would justify the cost - no just standard food.

It was a very expensive and very poor meal with bad service, there are much better restaurants in Leamington - if you want Italian, I can't recommend Momenti enough, very very good food and amazing service, have been going for 5 years now!

Don't be fooled by the pretty exterior and interior.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

the interior decoration in this Restaurant was clearly designed by a man who thought that if he didnt use everything in his repetoire he might end up "sleeping with the fishes" The result is absolutely charming in a totally and rather over the top effusion .We like it ,even from the street you are embraced with an almost Sicilian bravurra.
I had a risotto off fresh water shrimps and scallop to start with ~ lovely flavour ,distinctive shrimpiness and garnished with a succulent and plump scallop.My Veal Milanese was splendid ,the chef obviously likes scorched lemons as a second one made its plateside appearance and who am I to complain ? rounded off with a Lemoncello it was a lovely Meal .I was very tempted by their reasonably priced deserts , my daughter who doesn't need to watch her figure (other people do that for her ! one chap walked into a lampost the other day !) had a Desert which looked superb and ,as she is a Chef de Partie, when she said it was superb I believed her ! The wine list is good and not over the top , my Red was good at £16.50. The service too was very good ~ how is it that Italians always seem to be the best waiters ? Would I go back ? YES !, , in fact I plan to go back tomorrow as I left my gloves there ! only joking.. seriously folks I know that visiting Italians make a point of coming to this Restaurant > enough said ? finally a word of advice " best to book in advance its very popular !

1  Thank Richard D
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I've been here for a Sunday dinner with my friends and was absolutely amazing and all perfect! I will come back for sure!