Review Highlights
Good Facility with easy parking close by.

We've been to both the Charter Theatre and the Guildhall for a variety of events and in both venues... read more

Reviewed March 22, 2019
Derek H
Freckleton, United Kingdom
Snooker open championship - semi final

Never been to an event at the guild hall before. Was really good, the seats were spacious and some... read more

Reviewed March 11, 2019
Katz1175
Bury, United Kingdom

All reviews station car park multi purpose great theatre special guests costume changes blood brothers plenty of leg room toilet facilities helpful staff stage concert production acoustics panto snooker cast orchestra
Selected filters
Reviewed March 2, 2019

I've never been to so many shows as I have just lately. The quality has really improved since Simon Rigby took over and there's some really good stuff on. Keep up the good work. This is what Preston needed.

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed February 24, 2019 via mobile

Went to watch 80's live (terrible show worse than bad karaoke night!). The venue kept the bar open throughout so you were constantly disturbed by people up and down for drinks... and inevitably getting more and more wasted.

We decided to leave at 9 as we could feel things going down hill and with but 2.visible security personnel we were not confident of a nice evening.

As we left we could feel our shows sticking to the carpets on the stairway...

Need a damn good clean. Stop. Serving alcohol continuously. It is asking for trouble... no doubt to get more cash in.

Sadly dissapointed :(

Date of experience: February 2019
Reviewed February 8, 2019 via mobile

As a Wheelchair user being very fit but unable to stand. I am here at a gig in what was the old foyer, I am unable to see a thing I may as well be outside the doors! Next to me is an area that is empty and I would be able to see from there but not allowed I’m not allowed near stage either! At Manchester Acadamy at The Waterloo in Blackpool at Chester Live rooms they have fantastic access even at the Continental in Preston I am allowed at the front! Not like no one can see over me! Haha

Date of experience: February 2019
Reviewed January 25, 2019 via mobile

Excellent Bowie tribute act spoilt by a wet and windy car park and a lack of directions to find the theatre.
A pretty full house but just the one downstairs pokey bar open with terrible queues. Why wouldn’t the venue open the upstairs bar? Loads of people walked off not wanting to wait so long.
The staff were glass half empty. Not that I could get a glass.
The building needs updating and modernising.

Date of experience: January 2019
Reviewed January 24, 2019 via mobile

A lovely venue, the seating was comfy and good view no blocked by anyone.

This is obviously a busy venue, they seem to struggle with keeping the toliets clean but not the worse I’ve seen at these Troyes of events.

Downstairs where they had stall the floor was sticky as hell and clearly hadn’t been cleaned for Night before
The bar and food is expensive as you except, they did stay they offered healthy food but it was just pies, bacon or sausage baps most of the time. Limited choice if your not big meat pie fan.
Local to shops and easy access to the car park

Date of experience: January 2019