“Great Place”

Duk
Cuisines: Latin, Peruvian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We source As much as possible is sourced from local suppliers. All dishes are served tapas style, so you can savour . From Preston Peru and beyond in one night without bursting (mind you, portions are generous, so order in moderation). Now launching a cookery and wine school. The cook squad are going from strength to strength. Gourmet events and taste Lancashire assured. Fair-trade allergy friendly with Vegetarian and vegan choices in abundance...And now with the launch of the Cookery and wine school not only can you enjoy the food but you can learn how to make it Thus delicious addition to our award winning tapas is going down a storm... You may also enjoy our Peruvian coffees and amazing cakes ....
Preston, United Kingdom
“Great Place”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

As is called Dukpond, never sure which one to leave a review for, however went a few weeks ago, food was delicious, had Peruvian Stew, Macchu Picchu Steak, Beef Tomato and Mozzerella, Trio of Breads, Casua Potatoes.

All Excellent washed down with some Chilli Beer and Ashahi. Had a late table, staff despite being new were fantastic, would recommend.

Cumbria, United Kingdom
“Very good restaurant”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

We contacted in advance as I am currently using a wheelchair and staff were waiting to help as soon as we arrived, nothing was too much trouble and we were made very comfortable. We had a great meal, and although it was quite quiet the atmosphere was good, and we were really happy with out visit. The setting is lovely, very nice ambience, and (mostly) enjoyable music! And as I said the food was really very good! We would definitely return if we were in this area again. Thanks to all.

1 Thank Ang5050
Preston
“Amazing! ”
Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

Love Dukpond, never disappointed with the food. You must try the Celia's Potatoes, delicious!
They also have a rhubarb vodka which is the loveliest summer drink with lemonade. Service can sometimes be slow but you don't mind when the food is so good!

1 Thank Ag07sg
Preston, United Kingdom
“Duk Bodega restaurant on Lancaster Road”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Firstly this is a review of the Duk restaurant which is on Lancaster Rd rather than Duk-Pond restaurant on Cross Street which a lot of these reviews seem to be about.
My wife emailed firstly to make a reservation online, she did not hear back from them so phoned to book it and was told no email was received but that the reservation was now booked.
The next day we turned up and the girl on duty said "sorry but no booking has been made"!!.
She looked at us as if we then had to leave, luckily another girl who was sat at the bar told her to let us have a table. This took us aback as the place was completely empty anyway and we could not see the problem.
Eventually our orders were taken by the first girl who to her credit got all the orders correct and checked if everything was okay etc. The four of us all had Tapas which we shared and each had it's own individual spicy taste and most of the portions were very good.
Could not complain about the food, just the booking side of it and I do wonder if we would have got a table at a weekend given this was a Wednesday evening.

1 Thank gentrypne
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Do not recommend”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

If you are planning on visiting this place, I would think again. I visited for the first time recently with a group of friends. From the moment we entered the restaurant, everything seemed like it was an effort for the waiting on staff. There were four of them stood behind the bar for the majority of the night laughing amongst themselves so there were clearly enough staff on, however we had to wait up to 20 minutes for drinks to be brought to the table after asking if we could order drinks in the first place. It took up to 45 minutes for the last main dish to be served after the first one was brought to the table. When we asked the waitress where the remaining seven main meals were she responded with I didn't know you were waiting for any more food. No apologies were given at this point. I had ordered Andrea's Famous Peruvian stew. As per the menu it is described as 'unusual' and this it was. The chicken tasted like it was frozen and had been microwaved and then added to the stew. The stew was far from 'high in flavour'. I understand that we all have different pallets and appreciate different tastes but this dish was just not good. The stew was inedible and I described it to my partner as tasting like chicken mixed with a watered down 'Pimms' like mixture with a handful of chillies thrown in to try and mask the microwaved chicken taste. It has been mentioned on another review that the waiting on staff do not check back on the tables after the food was served. They never checked back on us on this occasion. If they did maybe they could have changed my dish and I could have raised my concerns with them. Overall, the service and the food were such a let down. I will not be returning and would certainly not recommend this place.

2 Thank 4467Ro1984
thecooksquad, Owner at Duk, responded to this review, August 16, 2014
Hello,
Thank you for your recent review , we have noted your comments and these have been discussed with the team , it's a shame that you did not contact me directly as I would have liked to discuss this with you , I understand and guests sometimes prefer not to and to use a review site , however if you would like to get in touch my details are as follows and I only too happy to help.
I will not tolerate poor service and will make no excuse ...
Yours sincerely