“Still the best Lasagne in Preston!!!”
Review of The Olive Press Preston - CLOSED

The Olive Press Preston
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Went for lunch on Saturday with my Mum and to take advantage of the 50% off pizza and pasta as we always enjoy the lasagne. It was quite busy as seemed to be 4 tables of 5 and another couple, seemed to take a lot longer than usual for our food to come, but was worth the wait-only thing I could comment on that spoilt it slightly, was when asked for an accompanying salad to share, was just a cup full, which seemed strange, however only a small gripe as the Lasagnes are such a large portion didn't have much room for the salad. Planning to come in February on a Sunday for my Mum's birthday as she also enjoys the lasagne. If you prefer pizzas there is a wide interesting selection which would recommend.

1  Thank hairdy
There are newer reviews for The Olive Press Preston

Reviewed January 18, 2014

We visited the restaurant early on New Year's Eve...having enjoyed a meal on the same day the previous year - prior to attending a concert.

Despite being 'early birds' the staff seemed unable to cope with just a handful of covers. Orders were mixed up...and - apart from the souffle - the food was uninspiring.

We had to constantly ask for everything: from the wine we'd ordered on arrival...to cutlery needed to eat our meal. I complained to the manager and was 'ticked off' for my trouble. I later emailed the restaurant (and have waited over a fortnight before posting this review) in order for the management to explain why they hadn't bothered to train some of the staff. ..or provide food which reflected the ability and standard of the chef who owns the premises.

So, far I've been met with a wall of silence.

Standards have slipped - compared with the previous year. So, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised no one's bothered to contact me. No doubt there will be someone bleating on from the restaurant now I've posted this review. But having given the manager over a fortnight to respond - privately to my comments - I think it only fair that I tell fellow diners what they might NOW experience at this ONCE excellent eating establishment...

1  Thank bonnechancetoyou
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Visited in Jan with an offer voucher which didn't seem to make much difference to the bill. Restaurant was fairly busy and we had pre booked. 5 in our party and the starters were nice and and we had steak, fish and pasta for mains. i had steak and had to ask for a steak knife and there was no offer of sauces etc, Asked for mustard which turned up when i was about to finish the steak, At no time were we offered more drinks i had to ask for them and no one asked if we were happy with the meals. Two waitresses seemed very inexperienced. Nice meal but would not recommend .

1  Thank intrak2016
Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

Interesting visit to the olive press. A nice shared starter followed by a poor calzone main. The chief packed the calzone with rock salt and it was largely inedible. My partner opted for the prawn pasta which was tasty. I did not complain about the calzone besides to mention of the salty taste and i was surprised to find the item taken off the bill. Although in a cruel twist of fate when the bill arrived we had been fully charged for the pasta; upon quering the point we were told that the prawn pasta was not include in the offer. We subsequently paid and left, not great as we were not informed about this at order.

Paul H, Owner at The Olive Press Preston, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

I am sorry you believed the pizza was salty , I am happy we responded to your issue well, as for the Pasta of Prawn or Scallop they are clearly in our T&Cs.
Regards

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Four of us had a super evening at the Olive Press - we used the 50% off Pizza/Pasta voucher and felt this was a great offer. Good food, atmosphere and service.

Thank you for your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.