“Very good food and great service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of NYC Steakhouse & grill - CLOSED

NYC Steakhouse & grill
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Large groups
Preston, United Kingdom
“Very good food and great service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

Visited the NYC Steakhouse last night and both me and my girlfriend really enjoyed the food! We had the sharing platter to start. Would highly recommend the pork belly bites and chicken wings which were great! My girlfriend's fillet steak was delicious and very tender. I had a rib eye steak which was a little fatty but really tasty. We were both fans of the chargrilled finish to the steaks. Staff were really attentive and friendly and made us feel welcome. Please ignore below review as sauces were included for our meal. Will definitely visit again, especially as you can use the Taste card during the week.

nycsteakhouse, Manager at NYC Steakhouse & grill, responded to this review, September 6, 2014
Hi Cawilding2711

Thanks for the great review thoroughly enjoyed the read, we cannot wait to see you all again

Regards

Preston, England, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

Visited on a Sunday night later on around 8pm so was understandably quiet only us in the resteraunt in our party of 4. Decor is a bold choice but I feel it's oppressive feeling seeing as the walls are painted matt black with red trim and it has no windows at all it feels more like a night club or casino or strip club I'm not being rude that's how it felt to us quite odd.
Waitress very nice and professional and attentive however from the minute we placed our order things went down hill they had run out of guacamole and salsa for the nachos we had ordered no biggie except for the fact there is a Tesco express literally opposite so my husband actually nipped across and got us some! Waitress never batted an eyelid and pretended not to notice them sat on the table! Then informed us they only had 3 burgers left and as 4 of had ordered them one of us had to haven tiny 4oz steak on the bun instead this tasted very good however so we were ok with this.
When the bill arrived things went very sour for us....when either course was served the server asked if we needed any sauces or dips we replied yes so she brought us ketchup,mayo,BBQ and a chilli dip came with one our starters and we didn't ask for that it says on menu it comes with it.....we were ASTOUNDED to see on the bill we had been charged £1 per sauce we used that's right £1 for some ketchup and £1 for some mayo and £1 for the BBQ and YES actually charged us £1 for the chilli that came with the starter and we hadn't asked for so an extra £4 for condiments!
Even in actual NYC they don't try that! I pointed out to the poor server who looked awkward that we would not pay that as it's outright robbery and she embarrassdly replied she has to put that on there it's management policy but she did take them off the bill. Just remember we had already been to the shop and bought our own 2 dips as they had run out then to try to charge that felt like a slap in the face!
Glasses of Coca Cola are £2.50 per glass too more expensive than other resteraunt barring those with a Michelin star or two!

Bottom line is such a shame excellent idea and menu and the food was good but the pricing is ridiculous it's not nice to feel taken for a mug and rightly or wrongly that's the way we left feeling. Hidden extras and hugely over priced soft drinks are not doing them any favours at all.
After the experience we had we won't be returning as there is too much competition to choose from to bother,the bad vastly outweighed the good for us I'm afraid.

• Visited August 2014
6 Thank Gemma B
Hi Gemma B

Sorry to hear you did not enjoy your visit with us, the décor is not to everyone's taste we do realise this but we feel its a nice change and something different to everything else that is out there, I can understand why you would compare us to a nightclub, casino due to the bold colours we have used but unfortunately I cannot comment on the strip club theme as I have never been in one.
We do apologise for the lack of products on site, this is due to us being a new business and we don't really know what is going to come through our door, and as our food is fresh its hard to judge how much we can buy in without it going to waste, I understand that you felt we should have gone to Tesco to buy your food, but as a restaurant that cooks all food fresh to order we would defiantly not substitute our food for bog standard Tesco products.
As for being charged £1 per sauce we can only apologise again as they are priced as 25p and all our steak sauces are free, however our waitress did change the bill for you at the time so we feel it was sorted out that evening as with any complaints we get, for the coca cola price this price is a reasonable price compared to our competitors, we do appreciate that you enjoyed your food and service and you had no objections

We sorry to hear you wont be coming back due to our prices but compared to our competitors and the freshness of our steaks they are more than reasonable

regards
Manager
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Night out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Fantastic night, something on the menu for everyone, food was lovely and hot. Staff very helpfull. We will be going back soon and we will recamend NYC Steakhouse to everyone. 5 stars from me.

1 Thank Janette K
nycsteakhouse, Manager at NYC Steakhouse & grill, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Hi Janette K

Hi Serenity camper

Thank you very much for this 5 star review we are so happy that you enjoyed your time with us, we really do hope to see you all again
“Amazing !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

One word amazing!!! We booked to have a hen do where we had a cocktail master class and a 3 course meal . Firstly the staff had decorated the place to make it special for the bride which was such a nice touch then we had our meal and WOW the best meal out I have ever had. The stake was beautiful. Then we had our cocktail class and I must say move aside tom cruise as Chris the manager well and truly showed u how to do it! Great atmosphere and I can not thankyou enough for making the bride feel so special. I will definitely recommend you to anyone that is looking for a 5* night out!

2 Thank Leanne H
Hi Leanne H

WOW, thank you very much for this fantastic review we are so happy that you enjoyed your time with us, we really do hope to see you all again, and for Tom Cruise he definitely has nothing on me :)

Once again thank you
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I would highly recommend this restaurant, great place.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

We had a hen do here and the first class service our party recieved was excellent. The food was delicious, especially the pork belly bites. we were made to feel very welcome and the staff were very accommodating. We had such a great time that we did not leave until closing.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank happypartofhendo
Hi Partofhendo

Great review, thank you so much so glad had you fun with us can not wait to see you all again