“could do with a makeover”

Bartle Hall Country Hotel
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Preston
Reviewed March 13, 2013

stayed here for business as it was a good deal on Laterooms. It's a typical "country house" style hotel, but it looks very tired and dated. The whole place really does need a total redec. The room was small and an odd shape because of the bathroom. The bathroom REALLY needs a complete refit! I couldn't get the room warm enough. However on the positive side the bed was very comfy, the room was clean, the breakfast was really good and the staff are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Mary P
NHaworth, Manager at Bartle Hall Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

We appreciate your time in posting your comments. We are very concerned to hear that the hotels recent re-investments did not benefit your stay.

Re-investment is high on our list of priorities and we would like the opportunity to discuss your comments personally. This will enable us to see which areas you felt needed attention.

It is lovely to hear your feedback on the staff and breakfast and once again we hope that we can speak to you soon in relation to the maintenance of Bartle Hall.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

attended a friends wedding and stayed overnight here. we could not fault a thing during the wedding the service was excellent and the food was amazing. i am sorry i cant say the same for the rooms. we paid £120 for a classic double. firstly the decor was tired the window frames needed painting and the room was cold. the room was minute and the bed was too small for a standard height male. i was surprised the bathroom didn't have a bath and the bathroom door opened straight onto the toiled leaving very little leg room when the door was closed and you are sat on the toilet.

Room Tip: pay the extra ten pounds for the executive room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kristopher m

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to Bartle Hall. I am delighted to hear that the service and food were faultless.

I will ensure that our maintenance team look at the paint on the windows in the room. These are painted each summer so should be immaculate, due to the windows being a traditional sash style they can wear more than a more modern style window.

Indeed our Classic Double rooms do have a standard double size bed and come with shower facilities rather than a bath. I appreciate that this is not as convenient for everyone and I am aware that all our executive rooms that night were occupied.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I will ensure that this is also relayed to our director.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

A first after nearly 31 years of marriage to go out for Valentines'!
The room looked super, the roses, an appreciated touch. The harpist was an acomplished musician and her playing was most appropiate for the evening, an intigral part of the ambience.
The food.......divine, the chef had produced a menu that was varied and very well presented, well done Ian.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Wow, we need to see you again next year, you deserve it!

I am so delighted to hear that you had such an enjoyable evening and we really do appreciate your time in posting your response.

I will ensure that Ian is aware of your kind comments on the food.

I am pleased to hear that your rose gift and the music added to the evening and really do hope you don't have to wait for another year to return!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

We visited Bartle Hall for our friends wedding in December. Bartle Hall is the perfect location for a wedding and we had an amazing day helping celebrate their wedding. The whole place has a wonderful ambeince about it. The staff are so helpful and make you feel welcome. The food was well presented and served pipping hot and very tasty. If you want your reception to be something special and run smoothly hire Howard the wedding singer, he was fantastic, he kept everyone entertained and had a wonderful voice. The room we stayed in was lovely, it had a four poster bed.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for such lovely comments on your friend's wedding, we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed every aspect of the day.

We can also highly recommend Howard Wing for adding that extra special touch to the Wedding. We hope that we are able to welcome you back to Bartle Hall in the near future for another enjoyable experience.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I stayed at Bartle Hall recently whilst away on business and I loved the place. I stayed in The Cottage Room and it was really pleasant. It was very cold outside and I was a bit cold in the room, but I didn't turn the radiator up full, so that was my fault. The staff in the bar were superb and having stayed in Preston many times before I wondered why I hadn't stayed here before. It will definitely be top of my list in future. I loved it!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Wow, thank you for the title!!

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the "Ivy Cottage Experience" We would love to welcome you back. Maybe next time you could try one of our other executive rooms, one of my other favourites is the Elswick which is located within the main house.

We look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

We had our wedding day here in 2002 and decided to go back for our 10yr anniversary. The food, the staff and the place were all still first class. You made our night just as special as our wedding was 10 yrs ago. Thank you and see you again for our next milestone.

• Stayed: June 2012

It is wonderful to hear that your night here 10 years on was as special. I will ensure that the team working during your stay are aware of your lovely feedback and we hope that we don't have to wait another 10 years to welcome you back!!

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I attended a friends wedding at Bartle Hall this weekend and from the moment we arrived you knew you were in a special venue.

The staff were warm, friendly and attentative and the rooms used for the venue were lovely as were the grounds. The food was great at the Wedding Breakfast as was the evening reception food which was meat pudding, chips and peas (the best I have tasted).

We were very lucky to have such good weather on the day so we could venture outside and utilise some on the grounds.

I would love to return to this venue to stay over-night as a special treat as it looks a great place to escape to.

Room Tip: Sorry we did not stay overnight we attended a wedding.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Whury
NHaworth, Manager at Bartle Hall Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

We really appreciate your time in posting such a great review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your friend's big day.

It is great to hear that from the welcome to the evening food you had a wonderful experience. I must admit the posh pie and chips is one of my favourites!

We would love to be able to look after you as a resident. Please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly to see if we can arrange an extra special room for your stay.