“Get your act together and you could have a top hotel and top revues.”

Ferrari's Country House Hotel
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Preston
Blackburn, England, United Kingdom
“Get your act together and you could have a top hotel and top revues.”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

On ariving at the hotel for a family wedding do i went to the reception to book in and had to pay straight away £90.00 for my room, found the room went in oh my god the room was like going back in time the beds were awful and full of stains, the toilet seat was hanging off, and when I went in the shower my wife got a glass of cold water from the sink and i was scolded in the shower not happy with that i am glad my little girl was not in it at the time.
The meal was not good at all tomato soup tasted of nothing only vinager wich would indicate that the soup was off and had started to ferment ,the main course was chicken parisenne with supposed roast potates which were deep fried, carrots and cauliflower cheese, the sauce in my opinion was nothing more than mushroom soup and the pudding was very watery and the custard was very powdery and there was only tea or coffee and no after-eight mints.
People smoking next to the door might as well of smoked inside as it all went inside any way make a smoking place away from the doors would be a good idea.
The breakfast was not good at all cheap sausages and salty bacon not hot at all just like runing on a lw budget i will not be going back there again in a rush and i wish i had paid on credit card instead of cash i might of had some come back.

Room Tip: Pick a different Hotel or go and see for yourself I was very disappointed ps the grounds are out of...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Stuart G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I imagine this hotel was in its prime during the early 90's... and the rooms haven't been touched since.

We visited the hotel for a wedding in March. We stayed over 1 night, 2 adults/1 child, at a cost of £85 including breakfast.

We arrived and checked in at reception. The man checking us in offered no pleasantries and didn't show us us to our room - he just pointed the way up the stairs. In the nicest possible way, I think he could have also done with having a bath - or using deodorant.

Once we found our room, we opened the door and stepped into the 90's. The wallpaper, decoration, bed head, furniture, etc was all very very dated - it reminded me of an old peoples home rather than a hotel. The TV also didn't work which was a bit annoying when we have a child to occupy as we get ourselves ready - it turned on, but wasn't tuned (I spent five minutes trying to work it out and gave up). The bathroom was nice enough, although had cracked floor tiles and the shower head had black mould on it around the water jets. The bed was comfy. The view out of our window was the bins.

There was a massive spider on the wall when we walked in but I managed to catch it in a cup and set it free.

Breakfast was OK, cheap sausages.

Check out was handled by the lady owner, she didn't ask how our stay was and just took the payment and said thank you. She also looked like she had just got out of bed.

The wedding reception itself, and function room/bar/food was all nice. Some of the staff were more friendly than others (the young waitress in the evening, the bar staff and the waitress at breakfast) - and I honestly think it was the owners who were less polite and didn't make an effort.

This hotel is not worth £85 a night. I would price it at £50 and feel a bit ripped off!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Twist944
Grimsby, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 17, 2013

First of all I would like to advise you to totally ignore the crass fool "Kewobarra" from his/her poor literary content he/she must be relatively uneducated bitter and twisted about life.
We have just spent a wonderfull weekend at a wonderful wedding.The food was excellent at the wedding breakfast and the evening dance. The entertainment was superb with a great compare and singer. Breakfast was hot and well cooked. the staff were all very pleasant and helpful, they could not help us enough. Our room was stunning, clean warm and well presented. the gardens are lovely with great opportunities for fabulous photographs to make for a memorable wedding. A place we would definetley visit again and again and recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Wanting a double room? ask for the "Bridget Agnes" room it's lovely
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
barra
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Can the other reviews be genuine I dont think so this place is dirty beyond all expectations the staff are rude (wouldnt let me set up a bar tab and as didnt have any cash on me couldnt buy a drink could only assume they thought i was going to doo one even though I had the missfortune of staying in one of their suites!!!!) no curtains on the skylight so woken up very early please go to this hotel if you would like to stay at faulty towers only please be prepared its very very dirty, told the receptionist of the problems in the morning to be told so what.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
lancashire
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stayed here a couple of weeks ago and what a lovley experience it was. Nothing was too big of a problem and everyone seemed to have peoples best interests at heart....keep up the good work!

Thankyou.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bruce c
barnoldswick
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Stayed overnight following a works function and would defiantly return. On arrival we were greeted by lovely reception staff who couldn`t of been more helpful and friendly! We had the Fell room/suite. Loads of space and bags of comfort and pure tranquility. Decor was in great taste. All modern facilities like sky tv etc. Spa bath with extremely hot water. Warm fluffy, clean towels and dressing gowns. We paid £70 for the night and was worth every penny. Breakfast was fresh, fast and delicious! The surrounding grounds looked amazing but we didn`t have time to wonder around after departure. Loved all the information booklets and helpful maps and menus in our room. Were going to return to dine there soon as the menu appealed to us. Keep up the great work and thank you for a lovely stay!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lellxj
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Enjoyed my first stay at this small hotel near Longridge. Although seen only on a winter's day, the drive up to Ferraris is very impressive through an avenue of trees and over a small stone bridge. The buildings are an amalgam of old and new, but the original part of the house is solid and characterful. The gardens are mock Italianate and contrasted with the lovely views of the fells beyond. On a very quiet Wednesaday evening in January, I was the only visitor but staff were most helpful. En suite rooms were good value for money - I've stayed at many grander establishments for a great deal more money but was quite satisfied. The menu was difficult to choose from as, for me, the better starters were on the prix fixe menu while the more interesting mains were a la carte. However, I chose from both with a slight adjustment to the bill, all of which was carefully explained. Decoration in bar area and restaurant is rather dated but appealed to my taste and is characteristic of many Lancashire hotels.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank oldcrone90
Also consider these accommodations in or near Preston
Preston Marriott Hotel
The Park Hotel
The Park Hotel
#7 of 15 in Preston
Premier Inn Preston Central Hotel

Been to Ferrari's Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!