Review Highlights
2 night stay

Booked a 2 night stay on the hard standing motorhome pitch. Parked with a lovely view of the pond... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
16leeh
Bromborough, United Kingdom
via mobile
Little gem of a site.

We've been looking for that little gem of a site not to far from home that has nice surroundings... read more

Reviewed November 25, 2018
951jonk
Blackburn, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews stepping stones lovely site bar restaurant friday to sunday home cooked food play area little gem motorhome static fishing garstang plot field toilets van blackpool fab
Selected filters
Reviewed August 17, 2018 via mobile

This was our second go at camping we wanted a site near to Blackpool so we could go there on way home. I did feel that this site was more for the static vans and for the tour vans than for the campers, the facilities for the campers where a long way from where the tents where situated when you have a child in the rain in the dark really not good! There was a bar, a shop, and the facilities ok, however not really anything for instant if it rains no where for you to sit and just entertain kids for a bit, more of just a quiet site beter for older couples or people going off for the day, if the weather is nice however the river and the site is set in a beautiful place and close to loads of places to go.

Date of experience: August 2018
Helen F, Front Office Manager at Claylands Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2018

Thank you for your review, we do feel that we are very much a family site for those who enjoy the outdoors, and as you have kindly said should you wish to do more we are very close to lots of amenities.
We hope you havent been put off and will return again in the future.

Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

Just left this site a day early not a bit happy didn't get a nice reception on Monday kept me waiting while they were chatting amongst themselves paid for super pitch got put across from electricity pylon no nice view as said on website if you want a pitch near amenities it is a car park pub meals bog standard all the money is spent on the side where statics are wouldn't go again if was free

Date of experience: August 2018

We are really disappointed to hear you didnt enjoy your stay with us,we have spent a lot of time and money over the winter period upgrading the touring pitches.
With regards to your complaints about reception staff and the bar meals we would be happy to discuss this further with you if you would like to contact us directly.

Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

Husband found this site online while we were down south. When I phoned they were very helpful managed to find pitch we needed. The site is a wee gem and so clean. Staff are very helpful and would highly recommend and if down this way again from Dundee will definitely stay here. Thanks for a great four days.

Date of experience: August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review, we are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

We came away on our first camping trip (4 nights) - with kids 3 and 5. We were a little apprehensive about keeping our 2 entertained but had nothing to worry about!
They have really enjoyed their time here. A great location with plenty to do. We have been on walks, local farms, Williamson park.
The facilities here are great. Hot showers, good food etc.
The park is fab, the kids have enjoyed spending time stroking the cows in the nearby field and fishing for tiddlers in the river.
We will definitely be returning.

2  Thank amyjane1982
Helen F, Front Office Manager at Claylands Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2018

Thankyou for such a wonderful review, it's great to hear you and your children have enjoyed your stay, we are lucky to be close to lots of local attractions.

We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed June 30, 2018 via mobile

Feeling abit
Having my daughters dogs and my two I set off on a camping trip. 2 mini poodles and 2 x 16 week pups.

Lady from the shower block first morning complained about me taking the dogs into the cubicle with me to the owner. He saw me ordering ice cream stood outside the shop after I'd had a 30 quid slap up lunch. He said he's had a report of dogs in the shower block, to which I gave him the and... stated I'd given full details during the can you tell me / booking call made the day before- travelling alone, 4 dogs - (all paid for) could they go in the shower and toilet facilities and told him I was given assurance they could go everywhere apart from the restaurant.
I wouldn't have booked without the basics. i won't leave them in the tent or car 30• plus and until i meet happy campers what can I do?
The restaurant was accommodating and good food even catered a special request for the dogs lunch.

Concern; kids in the river eaten Alive with horseflies when the site state safe for kids to play in.
Toilets are too far from tent area. The play area is fab for kids but away from tourers and statics next to tents.

I've followed every rule in t's and c's Site rules.
No signage on facilities saying no dogs.

This morning (after decamping at 7) the communication I had at reception was unwelcoming 'mini poodles' I've heard and had a few complaints.. came the greeting.
I stated I wasn't happy with the owners comment. Apparently they discourage pets in facilities. I suggested signage and notified the lady I would warn others not to travel solo or get caught needing facilities on a dog walk around the site.

Date of experience: June 2018
Helen F, Front Office Manager at Claylands Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback on the service you received from us during your recent visit.

We are glad you enjoyed the food in the restaurant & that the staff there were helpful in providing food not just for you, but also for your dogs.

We receive many comments about the site’s facilities each year & as we want all our guests to have an enjoyable holiday with us, we do take these on board. Over the last couple of years, we have improved the fishing ponds, children’s play area & also upgraded many of the pitches to being fully serviced based on comments from our guests. We agree that it would be useful both for children & campers to have additional toilet facilities closer to the tent field & we plan to provide these in future, though to minimise the impact on holiday makers, we always undertake major works outside the peak holiday season.

With the lovely summer we have been having, horseflies seem to have had a very successful year (from the horsefly’s point of view!) whereas in previous years we have hardly noticed them at all. Being both in the countryside & close to the river, insects are a natural part of the wildlife I am afraid and recommend use of insect repellent when visiting areas close to water in summer.
We are very sorry that the customer service relating to your dogs being in the facilities during your visit fell so far short of the high standards which we aim to achieve. In this case it was due to a miscommunication at our end which we have now addressed.

Going forward, we will ask dog owners to tether their dogs in the foyer of the toilet block whilst they use the facilities and trust that this will be a reasonable compromise. We are also looking at providing a specific dog wash area outside the utility block.

Thank you again for visiting us & your feedback which helps us to improve the park for all our guests.