Review Highlights
2 night stay

Booked a 2 night stay on the hard standing motorhome pitch. Parked with a lovely view of the pond... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
16leeh
Bromborough, United Kingdom
via mobile
Little gem of a site.

We've been looking for that little gem of a site not to far from home that has nice surroundings... read more

Reviewed November 25, 2018
951jonk
Blackburn, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews stepping stones lovely site bar restaurant friday to sunday home cooked food play area little gem motorhome static fishing garstang plot field toilets van blackpool fab
Selected filters
Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

We came away on our first camping trip (4 nights) - with kids 3 and 5. We were a little apprehensive about keeping our 2 entertained but had nothing to worry about!
They have really enjoyed their time here. A great location with plenty to do. We have been on walks, local farms, Williamson park.
The facilities here are great. Hot showers, good food etc.
The park is fab, the kids have enjoyed spending time stroking the cows in the nearby field and fishing for tiddlers in the river.
We will definitely be returning.

Date of experience: August 2018
2  Thank amyjane1982
Helen F, Front Office Manager at Claylands Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2018

Thankyou for such a wonderful review, it's great to hear you and your children have enjoyed your stay, we are lucky to be close to lots of local attractions.

We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed June 30, 2018 via mobile

Feeling abit
Having my daughters dogs and my two I set off on a camping trip. 2 mini poodles and 2 x 16 week pups.

Lady from the shower block first morning complained about me taking the dogs into the cubicle with me to the owner. He saw me ordering ice cream stood outside the shop after I'd had a 30 quid slap up lunch. He said he's had a report of dogs in the shower block, to which I gave him the and... stated I'd given full details during the can you tell me / booking call made the day before- travelling alone, 4 dogs - (all paid for) could they go in the shower and toilet facilities and told him I was given assurance they could go everywhere apart from the restaurant.
I wouldn't have booked without the basics. i won't leave them in the tent or car 30• plus and until i meet happy campers what can I do?
The restaurant was accommodating and good food even catered a special request for the dogs lunch.

Concern; kids in the river eaten Alive with horseflies when the site state safe for kids to play in.
Toilets are too far from tent area. The play area is fab for kids but away from tourers and statics next to tents.

I've followed every rule in t's and c's Site rules.
No signage on facilities saying no dogs.

This morning (after decamping at 7) the communication I had at reception was unwelcoming 'mini poodles' I've heard and had a few complaints.. came the greeting.
I stated I wasn't happy with the owners comment. Apparently they discourage pets in facilities. I suggested signage and notified the lady I would warn others not to travel solo or get caught needing facilities on a dog walk around the site.

Date of experience: June 2018
Helen F, Front Office Manager at Claylands Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback on the service you received from us during your recent visit.

We are glad you enjoyed the food in the restaurant & that the staff there were helpful in providing food not just for you, but also for your dogs.

We receive many comments about the site’s facilities each year & as we want all our guests to have an enjoyable holiday with us, we do take these on board. Over the last couple of years, we have improved the fishing ponds, children’s play area & also upgraded many of the pitches to being fully serviced based on comments from our guests. We agree that it would be useful both for children & campers to have additional toilet facilities closer to the tent field & we plan to provide these in future, though to minimise the impact on holiday makers, we always undertake major works outside the peak holiday season.

With the lovely summer we have been having, horseflies seem to have had a very successful year (from the horsefly’s point of view!) whereas in previous years we have hardly noticed them at all. Being both in the countryside & close to the river, insects are a natural part of the wildlife I am afraid and recommend use of insect repellent when visiting areas close to water in summer.
We are very sorry that the customer service relating to your dogs being in the facilities during your visit fell so far short of the high standards which we aim to achieve. In this case it was due to a miscommunication at our end which we have now addressed.

Going forward, we will ask dog owners to tether their dogs in the foyer of the toilet block whilst they use the facilities and trust that this will be a reasonable compromise. We are also looking at providing a specific dog wash area outside the utility block.

Thank you again for visiting us & your feedback which helps us to improve the park for all our guests.

Reviewed June 23, 2018 via mobile

I have really enjoyed a d will defo Come back. My grandchildren called for a few hours and did not want to go and made friends. Staff fantastic. Bar and restaurant 100%food great. Just things that was not good.... I had 2 Dogs but lots of other yappy dogs and I would be sighted away from permanent sited vans.... Children playing ball games next to van and car and dogs noisy..... But did not stop our enjoyment just would be asked to be sighted else wer loved our stay and what was around us.... Look forward to next stay x

Date of experience: June 2018
Helen F, Front Office Manager at Claylands Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I'm sorry to hear there were noisy children playing and dogs close by, we would happily be able to site you on a quieter pitch next time you visit.

It's great your grandchildren also had a fun time, our staff all work very hard to ensure you enjoy your stay.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed February 25, 2018

Our stay was Friday to Sunday, been previously and did not disappoint us. The site is well signposted. Facilities were nice and clean, hot showers . The site is very clean even though they are doing some re-vamping. We arrived, pitched up in motorhome, 5 mins later we were in stepping stones bar/ restaurants urant enjoying a drink and ordering tea. Was superb, even watching rugby, they have sky .... Food was so good we had a weekend from cooking and dined out again Saturday night. We had a very long walk on Saturday and deserved some more home cooked food. Thanks Andrew and staff will not leave it as long to re visit... Wendy and Mick..

Date of experience: February 2018
Makala L, Front Office Manager at Claylands Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review, we are very lucky to be located in such a beautiful area. Our staff in the bar all work very hard to ensure all our visitors enjoy their time with us.
We hope to see you both again soon.

Reviewed January 2, 2018 via mobile

Stayed at Claylands over the New Year ... What a brilliant time we had, Andrew and his staff worked so hard making sure the 100/150 party people were fed with an exceptional buffet rounding off the evening with fireworks at midnight and bacon butties!!!

Will be back soon !!

Date of experience: December 2017
Makala L, Front Office Manager at Claylands Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2018

Thank you for coming and your lovely comment, good to hear that we have made it a night to remember and we shall look forward to welcoming you back soon.