Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:30 PM

Reviewed October 19, 2017
Poolz1
Halifax, United Kingdom
via mobile
Great time and helpful staff.

Reviewed July 14, 2017
Hannah O
Bolton, United Kingdom
via mobile

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 23, 2018 via mobile

I was very disappointed with the staff who had very little knowledge with children and how to interact with them.
I found the older lady very condescending, unhelpfuland ignorant.
I thought it would be like a learning class with my Grandchild who was 3 at the time.
I thought we'd be taught pottery.
The start to finish article.
Far too expensive for what it is.
No refreshments offered in the price either.
Then we were told we had to leave the pottery we bought and decorated for a few weeks then go back to pick it up.
Not good enough.
We never returned and nor will we ever.

Date of experience: July 2017
Jane F, Owner at Fired 4 U, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2018

I am sorry you did not enjoy your visit to us. We are very geared up for families to visit us. Most of our activities are painting pottery as that is what we offer mainly. We consider it not suitable for really young children such as your 3 year old granddaughter to work with clay as they squash it and mess about and this fills it with air. This causes it to blow up in the kiln which destroys everyone elses pot in there. So we only offer making with clay session for ages 7 years and upwards. So from 0 upwards we offer the pottery painting activity.

It's a shame you did not return to pick up your granddaughters painted creation.

We offer a limited range of refreshments and these are not included in the painting fees. Painted pottery items are always ready to collect the same day the following week, it does not take weeks for them to be ready.

If you work with clay it takes 2-3 weeks before it has been dried thoroughly and then fired 4 U before you can return to paint it up.

Reviewed February 13, 2018 via mobile

Painted some items with my daughter...items were expensive for what they were and the assistant gave little advice. Not sure we would go again.

Date of experience: February 2018
3  Thank sallyj1976
Reviewed October 19, 2017 via mobile

Won a competition to paint mugs. Visited with my daughter and spent a pleasant Sunday painting our pottery, visited recently to collect them.
Staff were clear and concise about how to go on with the painting and we were just allowed to get on with it. Very enjoyable and well worth a visit

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed July 14, 2017 via mobile

Lovely staff, very friendly and helpful. Couldnt fault the place, will defintely be returning in the future. Would advise anyone with a bit of free time wondering what to do to come and give it a try as even if you're not creative you can find something to make!

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed June 14, 2017 via mobile

Looking for something a little different for my 7 year olds party, just 7 of us doing the pottery painting.
Well organised and clear guidance for the kids, plus lots of help when they needed it...
Thanks Jane and Abbie for a really fun 2 hour session...
Recommended......