“Great food, great service”
Review of The Hidden Gem - CLOSED

The Hidden Gem
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: This business ceased trading in November 2013 after the owner and his partner decided their health and relationship was more valuable. Tenants who moved in thereafter, hi-jacked all the social media pages and attempted to mimic what had previously been achieved. None of the Hidden Gem staff currently work on this site - including Mavis who has gone on to pastures new. Thank you for all the wonderful feedback and comments & for keeping us within the Top 20 during our time: Despite being located down Church Street, we're glad we were able to create a pleasant escape for so many people. For similar escapes to the Hidden Gem we recommend the Broughton Inn or Angelos. All the best, and a fond farewell. Mavis and co.
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic food and excellent service. The hidden gem really surprised us as the location isn't perfect but inside its really lovely and I couldn't say a bad word about the food. We had starters and mains which were both really nice and were made to feel so comfortable we ordered a second bottle of wine after our meal. Would really recommend!

ASN1985, Owner at The Hidden Gem, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

This is a delight to read - many thanks for your kind words.

When you're next in town drinking, even if you aren't hungry, you're welcome to enjoy a bottle of wine in the restaurant or up in the bar area.

Look forward to seeing you again anyway - whether for food, or drink, or both!
Regards,
Andrew

Reviewed August 12, 2013

My wife and I visited this restaurant on 9th August using a Dealmonster voucher which gave us £40 of food for £20. Had I not known the house number of the restaurant I wouldn't have found it as it is surrounded by takeaways and there is no clear sign. Once inside we were met by a lovely lady called Mavis (not Marietta) who turned out to be the chef. She showed us to a comfy leather sofa and a lovely young girl brought us drinks and menus. Inside the restaurant is quite sumptuous with a large multi coloured glass dome hanging down from the ceiling. After placing our orders we were shown to our table. I had a starter portion of seafood linguini which was delicious and packed with lovely seafood. My wife had the chicken livers which were better than the ones she has been eating for years at our favourite italian. I had a steak for my main which was slightly more medium than the medium rare I requested but was still tender and served with a fiery mafiosa sauce. My wife went for a fish dish off the specials board which included marlin, sea bass and salmon served with prawn and tomato rice. Although not mad about the marlin (but thats just personal taste) everything was cooked beautifully and the rest of the dish was delicious. We couldn't manage a dessert as we were both full. A bottle of wine was reasonably priced. The only slight negative was how quiet the restaurant was on a Friday night. Come on Prestonians. You don't know what you're missing !!!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Went with two friends after work :) the food we all got was delicious and the sundaes are beautiful, the staff and chef are amazing would definitely recommend this restaurant to others :).
Martin Joyce

Many thanks for taking the time to post such a positive review! We're glad you like the Sundae (my favourite has to be the Hot Chocolate Fudge Cake Sundae!) Look forward to seeing you again soon for more!

All the best,
Andrew

Reviewed August 4, 2013

i am a chef so is my mum and uncle so im use to eating good food and everywhere is ok or good but this place amazing is all i can say
i had roasted red pepper soup to start and it was spicy but creamy so wasnt hot but silky smooth amazing can defiantly tell its home made then the cheesy garlic bread and spaghetti carbranara omg i tell you no faul;ts at all be definatly going back it really is the hidden gem of preston and prob the best place in preston to eat

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Nice settings for both me and my partner,nice food presented well,excellent service,friendly staff with a personal little visit from the chef which is always a nice touch,overall I walked away feeling content!!!!