“Worst Sunday roast I've ever had.....”
Review of The Brown Hare

The Brown Hare
Ranked #136 of 540 Restaurants in Preston
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Worst Sunday roast I've ever had.....”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I visited this pub with my family on a quiet Sunday evening. I ordered the roast beef. The meat was so tough it was in edible. There was no Yorkshire pudding as described on the menu and the vegetables on the plate were soggy and overcooked. When I complained to a waiter he simply replied "yeah, don't know what's up with the roasts today there's been loads of problems with it". He did not offer to replace it or even even offer a complimentary drink etc, very poor service. Have since written an email of complaint but 9 days later still await a response. My advice, don't eat at this pub!!!!!

“All day event”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Unless you have unlimited time to look, order and enjoy your meal give this place a miss. Have been on two occasions and both times the pub was half full but wait for food was disgraceful. I orderered gammon and mum ordered egg and chips; it took over 50 minutes to arrive. While the food was average it was not worth the wait. I really wanted a pudd but had a fear of ordering one as i might still be there now! Staff were not friendly, definately not service with a smile. Infact the young lad looked like he had been forced to work for free. At least two tables complained about something in the small corner we were sat in.

“Pre cinema meal”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Arrived at 5pm, shown straight to our table, offered drinks menu.
Drinks arrived within minutes, ordered our meal off the menu.
Again we didn't have long to wait.
Food good, hot and well presented, good choice from the menu.
2nd drink arrives as soon as it was ordered.
overhall good eating experience in nice clean setting.
Thanks to you all

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Jean295
“Not family friendly.”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We went for a family meal 5 adults 5 children.We were told they do not cater for large groups.Although the dinning room was less than half full on Sunday afternoon they would not join two tables together so we reluctantly agreed to two separate tables. The food arrived two meals at a time with up to mins apart and as such the first had finished eating before the rest of the family's meals had arrived despite several requests made to the staff. The staff members on duty were young and worked hard but lacked experience there was an older staff member / manager on duty they appeared to keep asking for advice but he seemed to be avoiding eye contact with any of the diners.The food was average pub fare and a little over priced. Definitely one to avoid.

2 Thank B19HOG
Longton, United Kingdom
“Urgent - decent eating place needed in Penwortham”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

The Brown Hare is a real disappoint, I cannot accept that there are still teething problems - as the management have posted on this site.

When we visited the bread used in the sandwich was stale, the salad dried up, the childrens area is, well, non existent, the staff cleared my plate before the rest of the table had finished. It is a shame that such a vast amount of money has been spent building a new pub with so little effort put into both providing good quality food and in trainining staff.

The area is in desparate need of a quality eating establishment and sadly Marstons have missed an opportunity. Since our visit I have heard several negative comments about the Brown Hare ranging from 'bad use of a microwave' to long waiting times - no onebI have spoken to is in any rush to revisit, neither am I!

4 Thank Duncan B