“Average italian”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: enquirys@sliceofsicily.co.uk
Reviewed January 24, 2013

The restuarant is cosy and there is a nice local atmosphere. However, the food was not the best. Starters were very large and over-facing. The bruscetta was lovely and fresh but could have been half the size. I ordered the Tricolore pizza which I did not notice on the menu, it does not have the tomato sauce. This was missed on my pizza as it was dry. Again, very large and had lots of topping.
If I went again, I would pick a different pizza and would miss out the starter.

1  Thank Linzalin

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Cosy little place, nice atmosphere....try the pizza, any variety...you won't be disappointed!Good range of wine to be had, too.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

service was terrible food took 40 minutes to arrive and drink orders where forgotten, the member of staff who served us seemed more bothered showing off to other customers about his apparent knowledge of the industry. We could over hear all staff members swearing out loud which is completely unacceptable when i had my children present. Food wasn't great and wasn't hot. overall extremely disappointing. will never be eating there again

3  Thank andrew s
Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

Went to Slice of Sicily for a late lunch, and just to chill out and relax on my day off. It is hard to find somewhere open all day Serving good food. Didn't want to go into town fighting crowds and waste time finding somewhere to park. I enjoy Italian food, but find most places too commercial and lack that bit of quality and passion. After finding out about this place, I decided to try it out. The shop front has a deli shop / cafe with dining towards the rear of the premises. The deli adds character to the place and has a nice continental feel. I had a couple of coffees, a lasagne and a garlic bread. The flavours were excellent, fresh and hot. No fuss, no pretensions, just down to earth quality food & service. Being in the industry, I am quite critical about my dining out experiences, but credit where it's due. Excellent!

Reviewed November 24, 2012

I had been looking forward to my visit to Slice of Sicily for some weeks. My daughter who has recently moved back to Preston has been telling me how lovely it was. She was right!!
What a find! tucked away down Priory Lane, it is easy to miss. The food was delicious, with the Montepulciano lip lickingly good!
I loved the little deli also & the service was prompt and friendly. I will be recommending it most definitely and will be back soon. Thank you