“Amazing food, good value”
Review of Tang Restaurant

Tang Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 535 Restaurants in Preston
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Tang KTV authentic Chinese restaurant prides itself on the highest quality authentic Dim Sum, Cantonese and Szechuan Chinese cuisine. Partnered with excellent customer service, we endeavour to provide the best dining out experience for all our valued guests.We also offer a super karaoke service with private rooms for guests to enjoy after their meal, which is great social fun and becoming increasingly popular for birthday parties, works dos or private gatherings.Feel free to enquire about our menu or karaoke service.
Lancashire, United Kingdom
“Amazing food, good value”
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

In summary this restaurant deserves all the fantastic reviews it gets. The food is the best Chinese we have eaten and is reasonably well priced. Yu Yu has many accolades but i think overall tang is the better restaurant. Every course was so fresh and tasty. Only slight negative is the interior is not the same level as the food and service but this is being picky and is still ok. Will defo be back

1 Thank areesons
TANGKTVPRESTON, Manager at Tang Restaurant, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you areesons for your encouraging and complimentary review. To be rated more highly than other more acclaimed establishments is a real honour and satisfactory reward for our efforts. We all look forward to seeing you again very soon.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Lancashire
“Best Chinese in Preston”
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Authentic Chinese cuisine, not too expensive and with excellent service. We commented that we weren't very pleased with one of our chosen dishes and it was changed immediately for another dish which was beautiful. That's great service. Wines very good and reasonably priced. All in all a very pleasant evening.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank PearTrees
TANGKTVPRESTON, Manager at Tang Restaurant, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you PearTrees for your wonderful review and the accolade of your title. It is with these praises that drive us to be better, and to understand customer service is an integral part of striving to be the best.

In our trade, asking the customer "Are you enjoying your meal?" or "Is everything OK?" is a very standard question, to usually the answer would be "Yes" or "OK", but when the answer is "No" or some other reason for the meal not being enjoyed, rectifying the problem is usually appreciated by the customer, and your enquiry is paid off by the opportunity to correct the situation. Too many situations, are dealt with inadequately by just a "Sorry", but that doesn't help the customer and even renders your initial question useless. Thank you for acknowledging us and I hope to be of service again soon.
“As lovely as last time!!!”
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Decided to see what the lunchtime specials had to offer and was not disappointed!!
I had the honey ribs as a starter,they were absolutely delicious!My husband has the salt and pepper ribs and said they were amazing.
For the main course my husband had the beef curry,which was piping hot and delicious.I had the Szechuan Chicken which was lovely also.
The service by the manager was first class,as I remembered from our previous visit.Nothing was too much trouble.
I hope to be returning in the near future for my birthday and this time my husband will be paying!!!!

Visited August 2013
Thank you Julia D for returning to Tang Restaurant to try our lunchtime menu. Our lunchtime menu, at £8.50 per person, is designed to be quick and easy, providing a choice of eight starters, and seven main courses, which can be matched with any choice of six sauces, all served with either steamed rice, egg fried rice or noodles with beansprouts. Everything is cooked fresh to order so there is no chance of the food going cold. I am delighted you enjoyed your lunch. See you on your next visit.
Preston, Lancs
“Tasty meal, excellent service, fun kareoke!”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I was part of a group of 20 celebrating a birthday at the Tang. We were seated in two tables of ten in the middle section, which was a reasonable set up considering our number and the space availble. Due to being a large group we had a set menu at £20 per head, consisting of soup (choice of 3 - shredded duck, hot and sour, chicken and sweetcorn), spring rolls and ribs, crispy duck and pancakes, then fried rice with four sharing dishes - chicken sweet and sour, beef in black bean, honey pork and king prawn satay. They were operating a cash bar service - they took your drink order at your table, brought it to you and you paid them there, which saved people getting up and down and disturbing others.
The service was very good and there were plenty of staff on so we didn't have to wait too long for anything and they cleared the dishes quickly and efficiently. The host was entertaining and nothing was too much trouble. My Dad is a coeliac and had his own separate menu, which the host explained to him on arrival so he could say if there was anything he didn't like. He felt well looked after which isn't always the case with his condition in restaurants, and he particularly struggles with Chinese restaurants so another plus point for the Tang.
The food was excellent and they were not shy with the portions! I had the duck soup, which I didn't finish because I didn't want to fill up, a spring roll and barbeque rib, both lovely, duck and pancakes (my only comment here was that there wasn't quite enough sauce to go around, but maybe we should have been more sparing with it!) and all the mains bar the satay as I dislike peanuts. The other mains were all beautiful, nice and tender and very, very tasty.
Afterwards they played happy birthday and brought the birthday girl a cocktail, which was a nice touch. We had the kareoke system too which was highly entertaining and a good option to save us having to move to another bar since it was raining. Overall I cannot fault the Tang and will definitely return to sample the rest of the menu, or even get some take-out! Thank you for a great night.

• Visited August 2013
Thank you Stephanini for taking time to write such a detailed review of your evening with us. As with all our guests, no matter if you are a large party, or a table for one, we always try to give the best service we can. I am so pleased everyone enjoyed the evening, and I look forward to arranging your next party.
“Fantastic”
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

The manager Rob choose our menu for us i would recommend this to all he knows what he is talking about
After eating we went in the Karoke room a truly fantastic evening

• Visited August 2013
TANGKTVPRESTON, Manager at Tang Restaurant, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you Mopbucket for coming to Tang Restaurant and for your praises. It gives me great pleasure that our valued customers have enjoyed their visit. Thank you again.