“Mummy's Night Out”

Tang Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 561 Restaurants in Preston
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Tang KTV authentic Chinese restaurant prides itself on the highest quality authentic Dim Sum, Cantonese and Szechuan Chinese cuisine. Partnered with excellent customer service, we endeavour to provide the best dining out experience for all our valued guests.We also offer a super karaoke service with private rooms for guests to enjoy after their meal, which is great social fun and becoming increasingly popular for birthday parties, works dos or private gatherings.Feel free to enquire about our menu or karaoke service.
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We went last night and had a fantastic time. The food was amazing, the hardest thing was trying to chose what we wanted, the pictures helped with this. All the food was good value with the exception of the chicken wings, at £10.95 for 6 I felt this was a bit on the high side but they tasted delicious. The manager is lovely and very charming. I will recommend this restaurant to all my friends and we will be back there for our next mummy's night out - go the Cottage ladies and thank you for your lovely hospitality.

TANGKTVPRESTON, Manager at Tang Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Thank you Sarebear39 for bringing your friends and having your "Mummy's Night Out" at Tang. First of all, allow me to apologise for the error made on your bill. The Spicy Chicken Wings dish was entered incorrectly into our computer system. We have two codes for this dish, a starter portion at £6.50 (which you ordered), and a main course portion at £10.50. Unfortunately, the wrong code was charged onto your bill. For this error, I will make amends on your next visit (Just tenderly remind me!). Apart from the error, I am relieved that you enjoyed the food and service aspects of your visit, and thank you wholeheartedly for your very kind review. I look forward to the next "Mummy's Night Out" or even "Mummy's & Daddy's Night Out"!

There are newer reviews for Tang Restaurant

Reviewed October 31, 2012

This is the second time me and my partner have eaten at this restaurant the first time was fantastic so this time round decided to also introduce my parents to it as well. Between the four of us we tried the two set menus that are on offer as it gave a really good variety of food and allowed everyone to try everything and leaving all parties happily full at the end of it. Again the manager was helpful and all the staff were attentive and efficient. All in all a very good place to eat and a very enjoyable meal. Will be seeing you again soon.

Thank you tom b for returning to our restaurant and for bringing your parents along this time. I recall serving your table and commenting on the brilliant idea of ordering both set menus for everyone to try the variety of dishes. It is always satisfying knowing our guests go home content. All the staff at Tang thank you for your repeat custom and for your generous review.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Visited Saturday 27th Oct - eight people
Just had a meal out at Tang's. The manager is brilliant and listened to what we wanted and then made suggestions. Did I like everything? - No BUT you don't get to try things otherwise. Every dish seemed to have at least one person who liked it. Pleasantly full at the end of the meal - Well judged by the manager

Asked the question - Who'd come here again at the end of the meal - All eight of us put our hands up! Can't say more than that.

TANGKTVPRESTON, Manager at Tang Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

Thank you Doptrack for taking time to review our restaurant on TA. It was an absolute pleasure serving you and your party, as I remember everybody was so quick and trusting to allow me to opt some of our more authentic dishes for you and your party. In our industry, I know everybody's tastes and requirements are different, and it is always difficult to please everyone, but we always try our hardest to achieve this impossible goal! I thank everyone for their return vote and hope to see you all very soon.

Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

So, you've been to the "all you can eat" restaurants, you've done the takeaways... Now try Tang, where the local Chinese people eat. True Chinese cuisine, the place to really experience quality above all the mass produced Chinese buffet establishments. Thanks very much Tang, we'll see you again soon

1  Thank Noddy1982

Thank you Noddy 1982 for coming to try " The True Chinese Experience" at Tang. Your comments are appreciated by all the staff, and I thank you for the compliments. See you again very soon.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Saturday 20th October 2012 we were fortunate to sample some of the best Dim Sum I have ever tried. We turned up last Saturday night after reading great things about the restaurant but had not booked a table. When we arrived it was really busy so our chances of getting a table did not look good. We asked the woman on the reception who checked the diary but unfortunately it seemed they were just too busy. I was really quite gutted as we had seen some of the food going out and it looked and smelt amazing! Just as I had resigned myself to getting a take away a very enthusiastic Chinese Gentleman, the manager offered us a private dining room upstairs at no extra charge and use of the karaoke if we liked! Perfect!
He took us upstairs we we had our own service button if we needed anything and the added bonus of a touch screen karaoke machine which he showed us how to use. The guy could not do enough to make our visit more enjoyable, he even had a sing song with my sister.
The restaurant is decorated impeccably and the lighting makes the whole room very fresh and beautiful.
The food was the best part though. The menu is very clear and it is easy to understand which dimsum is which as there are pictures and descriptions. The variety is very impressive and as I was dining with a chef it is hard to please sometimes! We ended up ordering 4 of the dimsum as they all sounded so good and shared a couple of mains. They did not disappoint! They were amazing, my mouth is watering just thinking of them. The mains were equally good but we only managed half of them as the portions are very good sizes.
If you enjoy Chinese food then you have to come here! It is great value for money and the service is outstanding! We will definitely be going again and as the Karaoke rooms would be great for a Christmas party I am trying to convince everyone to go here.

Thank you princesssparkleno1 for coming to try our restaurant upon TA reviews, and for your detailed and descriptive review. We are usually very busy on a weekend evening and as our venue is relatively small, the main dining area gets full pretty quickly. Our guests with reservations have tables saved for them, whilst any non reserved tables can be offered to walk in guests. On that particular evening, we were extremely busy and only had karaoke rooms available for dining in. Nevertheless, service levels remains equal to all our other customers, and I was so glad you and your sister enjoyed your dining experience at our restaurant. I look forward to be of service to you again, and hope to see your party for karaoke!