“Enjoyable visit”
Review of Museum of Lancashire - CLOSED

Museum of Lancashire
More attraction details
Owner description: Museum of Lancashire is closing on 30 September 2016 except for pre-booked school visits. Negotiations are underway with a potential new operator. We will keep you updated on progress. On the outskirts of Preston's bustling city centre the Museum of Lancashire is your perfect introduction to all things Lancashire. From entertainers and seaside holidays, to archaeology and industry, wildlife and the war years, our range of family friendly displays and activities means that there really is something for everyone. Uncover fabulous stories and the hidden histories of local Lancashire folk past and present as well as celebrating some of the more well known characters from Lancashire's past. Housed in the former Quarter Sessions House, one of Preston's oldest buildings, the Museum of Lancashire is your gateway to more than 2000 years of Lancashire's history. Admission is free so come along and start your journey!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I visited the Museum Lancashire last week as I didn't know what else to do with my few spare hours and it seemed a good idea to check it out. It really is a small museum, but I did find it compact and with loads of interesting things. The WW1 exhibit was especially interesting in my opinion. It's worth visiting for sure.

3  Thank Gabor M

Reviewed December 8, 2013

We really enjoyed our trip to the museum of Lancashire. The displays were well put together and informative. Although not a large museum by any stretch, it gave us all a valuable insight into the past. I would recommend a visit and best of all admission was free!!

2  Thank Arthur S
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Went to WW2 weekend event and enjoyed cafe and themed food in cafe. Fantastic admission free venue with very knowledgable staff and excellent range of exhibits.

3  Thank Bowling-Greeners
Reviewed November 8, 2013

A real gem of a Museum ! A real education, with everything presented in a most attractive and interesting way. Very easy to spend a couple of hours without being bored at all, and the sort of place which encourages you to return to delve a little deeper. And its completely free !
Nice little refreshment area. It's a real "must visit" place for any Prestonian, or visitor to the City.

2  Thank David B
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I spent a couple of hours in the museum, it is not a large museum, but very interesting and personal. The social/industrial history of Lancashire was good, with some great exhibits and some interactive items. This was my first visit to Lancashire and I learnt a lot from the short visit. The staff are very friendly and welcoming.

1  Thank A G