“Good food, good range of beers & wine, friendly staff and great value.”

The Alston Pub and Dining
Ranked #23 of 576 Restaurants in Preston
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Good menu with a good selection of guest beers and reasonably priced wine. The food is good value not too fancy just good wholesome well presented and all freshly cooked.
The challenge lies on making the landlord smile, he's a good laugh really but relishes in the image of being grumpy.
Try it I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Typical bar food that has a hoomely feel. The food is superb and is very well priced.
An olde English Pub!

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We had a meal here in sept for my father-in-laws birthday.
There were six of us & my husband & father-in-law had the steak with pepper sauce, my son had the mixed grill which also has steak with it & he had some of the pepper sauce, the other three of us had from the fish & chip menu.
Within a couple of hours of getting home my son had to rush to the toilet. My husband had diarrhoea all night & had to stay off work the next day & my father-in-law had been vomiting in the night. Too much of a coincidence to be anything else but either the steak or the sauce.
I rang the pub the following day to say I was concerned that something had been off or contaminated & was told that the managers wife had the rump steak for tea & that she was ok so what did I want him to say about it????????
I was told he would speak to the chef & someone would call me back but no-one ever did!!

Reviewed October 1, 2012

When out for a meal with work and had a great meal. The steak is fantastic. The refurbishment has created a great looking pub and restaurant and a good atmosphere can be found inside.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

We are on holiday & dine out every day for lunch. This is the best so far in a week. Home made tasty food. We didn't have the Grandchildren with us but it would've a great place to take them