“Fantastic service, great hotel”

Holiday Inn Preston
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Preston
Moira, United Kingdom
“Fantastic service, great hotel”
Reviewed August 24, 2014

We stayed here as a stopover on a long drive. We arrived very late (1am) but were given a great welcome by the reception staff who were very helpful. We advised them that we had a really early departure and guided me to a parking space that would enable me to get on the road quickly. The hotel was handily located close to the M6 motorway.

There was a great choice of breakfast items which were constantly being replenished by the restaurant staff. Everyone we encountered was very friendly.

Our room was a typical Holiday Inn room with a selection of pillows, a great shower and most importantly, fantastic aircon.

It was just the hassle-free stopover we needed after such a long journey.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
HIPreston, General Manager at Holiday Inn Preston, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to feedback on our hotel.
I am really pleased that you had a great stay and that you found the team friendly.
A highlight of our rooms is certainly providing a good night’s sleep and the pillow options help with this. I hope that you come to visit us again soon and maybe get to stay a bit longer
Michelle Lonsdale

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 19, 2014

I have just returned from a one night stay at this hotel with a national holidays trip, rooms were clean enough the 3 course evening meal was terrible, we were told to be down for 19.30 for the meal to be served. The choices left a lot to be desired and when asked if there was a child's option was told no (even though there was a bar menu with children's meals on) but the chef would do my daughter some chips once everyone else had their meal, they eventually brought them to her dripping in fat. There was no organisation of the restaurant as everyone went to the hot buffet at the same time instead of a couple of tables at a time being called up, my 7 year old daughter had to move out of her seat as people were knocking her whilst trying to get their food. When one member of my party approached a specific member of staff regarding this the member of staff had a terrible attitude instead of trying to control the situation. I would never choose to stay at this hotel again.

1 Thank mand1986
I was disappointed to read the 1 star review of your time here at the hotel.

I sincerely apologise for the situation at dinner. We have received more feedback about staggering the tables and also having an additional children’s option. This has been taken on board and already put into place
I am sorry to hear that this experience means you wouldn't choose to stay with us in the future but want to assure you that your comment have been noted and we do take action to prevent these concerns reoccurring and I thank you for taking the time to comment

Michelle Lonsdale

Travelers are raving about these Preston hotels

sunderland
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Just returned home from a 1night stay here. Booked with National Holidays. Reception staff pleasant,room adequate and bed comfortable. Evening meal in dining room was like a free for all when people going for main course even after staff asked for guests to go table by table.1member of staff named Tess was very rude when a guest asked her a question and argued with a guest in dining room. Another staff member called Kirsty was very pleasant and efficient and tried to resume a logical way for guests to get food. Food was decent,breakfast was better. Would stay here again but would eat out.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Preston, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
Dear happytrip0949

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding the room and bed.

However, we’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the restaurant staff service which was unacceptable. We will address this concern. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Nice clean rooms, comfortable beds and great view of the city, the Ribble estuary and the Forest of Bowland from the seventh floor. It's the friendly staff that really make this hotel tho, with a special mention and extra thank you to Julie on reception who went that extra mile, much appreciated.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
I was delighted to read your 5 star review and especially the glowing comments on our team. I have passed on your feedback to Julie and the rest of the team. It is very much appreciated and I hope we welcome you back again on your next visit.
Highbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 17, 2014

one night stop on shearing coach trip. Bags unloaded from coach at 6pm but when we went to dinner at seven still not arrived. no staff to bring them in, they were on the pavement outside the hotel for nearly an hour, luckly not raining

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
I am sorry to hear that you experienced problems with our porterage. I believe we had 3 coaches arrive at the same time so there was a slight delay. I can assure you this is not normal practice. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your time here at the hotel and thank you for taking time to feedback.
Milton Keynes, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 10, 2014

At breakfast time in the restaurant this morning, from our initial greeting to our departure it was diabolical. When My husband asked for hot chocolate for our daughter he was told " You'll have to wait" then after some wait another lady said if we have already asked for a hot chocolate she would not be making us one. The restaurant was a mess and the two ladies applied no social skills at all. We know this is not a "one off" because my husband and daughter stay here at the same time every year. This is why I feel the need to share. My husband did want to mention the lovely hotel receptionist

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
HIPreston, General Manager at Holiday Inn Preston, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
I was disappointed to read your 2 star review of the hotel.

I sincerely apologise and can assure you I will personally be addressing this poor standard of service with the breakfast team directly.

We have had some very recent changes to the management team at the hotel including myself as General Manager and we are currently in the process of recruiting a restaurant and bar manager

I am confident that we can provide an excellent breakfast experience with the right team and training in place.

I appreciate the kind comments about our reception team member and would like to be able to pass on your feedback

I would be grateful if you had the time to be able to send me a quick email with details of your stay so I can respond accordingly.

Michelle.Lonsdale@hipreston.com
UK Southampton
Reviewed August 10, 2014

I stayed at the hotel as I had a business meeting the next day. Location wise it's close to the station and costs £5.00 to get to in a taxi. Hotel it's self looks ugly as its a 1950's concert horse shoe, check in was quick and the staff friendly, the room I had over looked the road junction, was small and very basic, the bed mattress was awful and had massive sags on both sides. The only part of the hotel which didn't look tired was the bar area which must have had a refit. I eat in the hotel as there didn't seem to be anywhere nicer near by, the food was better than I expected but still pretty basic. As I said at the start the staff were very nice, I felt sorry for them as it's not their fault Holiday Inn haven't invested in the building or rooms. Im not sure I will stay there again as I think I will be looking for a hotel with a nice & more modern room.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to feedback on your stay at the hotel. I am delighted you found the staff to be friendly and the food exceeded your expectations.

I am sorry that the mattress in your room sagged, we do turn the mattress regularly and when in need we do replace. I would be grateful if you could send me details as to which room you stayed in and I will be able to replace the mattress

Unfortunately there is not a lot we can do with the exterior of the building and its location however I am pleased to announce that our reception, lobby and entrance areas are being refurbished in late September as well as 2 of our corridors

I do hope that you will try us again in future once our refresh is complete