Holiday Inn Preston
No.10 Preston(Preston)
$206
$185
Travelocity
The Park Hotel(Preston)(Great Value!)
$47
$46
$76
$73
Travelocity
Premier Inn Preston Central Hotel(Preston)(Great Value!)
$75
  • Restaurant
The Claremont Hotel(Preston)(Great Value!)
$83
$75
$72
TripAdvisor
All reviewssmall car parkbus stationmini gymring roadguild halllimited parkingcoach partytown centrebar areabreakfast stafffirst floorhotel is situatedfull englishbusiness tripdouble roomstayed here for one nightwould stay again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn, preston, several times. the location is ideal for business, the staff are friendly and teh rooms are spotless. breakfast is good and teh hotel is quiet considering that it is by a main road and opposite the bus station.

The only thing stopping me giving this hotel 5 stars is that the car park is tiny and I often find mysle flugging my bags across the road from the multi-storey above the bus station.

I will continue to use this hotel each time I visit Preston as its convenience and comfort far outweigh the lack of car park.

Room Tip: Arrive early if you want to park in the hotel car park
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
HIPrestonRGRM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Preston, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Dear DavidMac99,

Thank you for taking the tome to write a review following your recent stay at our hotel.
We are pleased you are a regular visitor to our hotel and find the hotel to your satisfaction.

Your feedback has been shared with the team.
We do continuously look at ways to over come our small car park situation.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit

Reviewed June 28, 2014

We stayed here for the weekend and the location was ideal for the city centre which was a 5 minute walk away.

Upon arrival we managed to get a car park where some reviews I read people were saying it was hard with it only being a small car park, The reception was on the 1st floor which I thought was strange,We booked for breakfast which was £5 per person glad we did now because it saved us going out first thing looking for somewhere to eat, There is lifts, Once we checked in which was done nice and without any hitches we got directions to our room which was number 322 on the third floor.

The room itself was very clean with tea & coffee facilities,television hair dryer was also included,we had a view of the ring road outside it wasn't too noisy once the window was shut.

We went for breakfast about 9am which was very quiet so we never got rushed there was cereal toast fresh juice which was topped up often, Cheese and biscuits jam & marmalade the fry up included bacon sausage black pudding fried eggs beans mushrooms tomatoes scrambled eggs hash browns which was still warm we were asked by the staff if it was all ok which it was of course.The restaurant and bar area was nice and clean too.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone thinking of staying there.

The only down side was the bed being too soft I prefer a hard bed but it was still very comfortable and we were only in Preston for the weekend.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank paulanigel
HIPrestonRGRM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Preston, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

DearPaulanigel,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at our hotel, Holiday Inn Preston.
We are pleased you had an enjoyable stay and you found everything to your liking.

We hope to welcoming you again.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

We stayed here overnight with a coach party. The location is convenient but not the best - it's across the road from the bus station but apart from that not a lot going for it. The room was spotlessly clean and well equipped with much appreciated air conditioning. The food was good quality, although the evening meal took an hour and a half to be served and could have been more efficiently organised. The main concern we had was that on returning from a short walk, we found another couple outside our room - they had been given our room and the key to go in. They had gone inside and realised it was occupied and didn't go further. I had valuables in the room, so was grateful the couple had been honest (there was a safe in the room that didn't work). I am not sure how this incompetence could have happened but it naturally gave us cause for concern - I took my valuables with me from then on rather than leave them in the room. It makes me wonder how often this happens with these 'key card' type of rooms.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Stupidly didn't realise this hotel is dog friendly
We have 4 dogs ourselves but really don't want to listen to other people's dogs howling and barking all night
And also had some woman shouting and swearing in room above
Would not stay here ever again

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Lottielexie
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Preston, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2014

Dear Lottielexie,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I'm glad you liked our convenient location. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I would like to offer a sincere apology for the inconvenience the noise had caused you. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer for to our guests.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

As an IHG member we stay in holiday inns as a first choice when we need a hotel. This is the first time we really weren't all that impressed. The rooms were ok, but not as nice as most we stay in. Strange layout of reception as you have to use the stairs or lift to get to it. Parking is a nightmare, especially late at night. What disappointed us most was the staff on this occasion. We are used to being greeted at holiday inns with a big smile, but this time we had a miserable young lady who clearly wanted to get rid of us from reception as soon as possible. In the morning my husband and I fancied a quick coffee before leaving. I stood at the bar for a good 6 or 7 minutes waiting for someone to come and serve me. There were plenty people clearing up from breakfast, and they knew I was there. In the end I gave up waiting as my custom clearly wasn't wanted.

Won't be staying here again, first impressions count for a lot with me.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank cathandpete

Dear CathanPete,

Thank you for writing a review following your recent stay at our hotel, Holiday Inn Preston.

I am disappointed that you did not received the service, and disappointed with the staff responsiveness. I would very much like the opportunity to be able to discuss this further with you.

My direct contact details are 01772 567042 or email vijya.diniro@hipreston.com