“A decent overnight stay and good breakfast.”

Holiday Inn Preston
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Preston
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
“A decent overnight stay and good breakfast.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

I stayed here at the start of February for the one night. A friendly welcome was offered on arrival and I was checked in quickly.

The room as others have said was a little on the small side, however I was only there the one night and it wasn't too much of an issue as it was clean and well maintained with no visible housekeeping problems.

Clean bedding and towels were available and the bed itself was very comfortable, I had a good nights sleep with no disturbances which is always impressive for a Saturday evening in a town centre location.

I ordered room service which was delivered promptly and was of good quality. There is a very good choice of dishes on the menu with something to suit all tastes. Breakfast in the morning was very nice. It is a buffet, however the was a very good choice of dishes available which was replenished regularly in small batches.

Checking out in the morning was quick and hassle free whilst I was thanked as I left.

One thing I noticed which is strange with this hotel is that there is only standard rooms available, normally Holiday Inns have a choice of at least two (Standard and Executive etc).

Overall a good stay and I would be happy to return in the future.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
HIPrestonRGRM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Preston, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear Chris M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at our hotel, Holiday Inn Preston.

We are pleased you had an enjoyable stay, thank you for your feedback. Our aim is to delight our guests.

We hope to welcome you again at the Holiday Inn Preston.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Bengaluru, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

I stayed there during the month of May-June 2013 for 4 days. Rooms are too small. Location is very good just near the Tithebern bus stop. The entrance is a bit confusing. But overall it is good one. Cleanliness is up to a very good degree. Breakfast was nice.

Room Tip: I found my room to be small. But not sure about other rooms.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HIPrestonRGRM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Preston, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Sankar-Banerjee,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, following your recent stay at our hotel, Holiday Inn Preston.

We are pleased you had an enjoyable stay, your feedback regarding the size of room has been noted, unfortunately not something that can be changed, due to the structure of our building, however we do appreciate you comments, in particular the cleanliness standards which is what we pride ourselves with.

We hope to welcome you again.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

Its a Holiday inn, you know what you're getting when you stay here.

I could be extra picky. Ideally, Id like more in the free tea/coffee tray rather than enough for one cup. The bathroom could've been a bit bigger but as a place to crash, its ideal. £50 was definitely worth the money.

The parking isn't great though. That needs to be looked at.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear MrChristopher,

We are pleased that you found your stay value for money, with regards to the tea and coffee facility in the room, extra tea and coffee is provided, if you do run out, contact reception and a team member would be more than happy to deliver extra to you room, just something to note for any future stays with us.

Newcastle upon tyne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

Stayed here on 29th Jan and was adequately happy with my stay. Parking seems to be restricted to only a few right outside the hotel, otherwise it's a trek across the road into the multi-storey. I'm not sure if you have to pay here but you certainly need a permit to park there so arrive early for a spot outside the hotel.

The guy that greeted me advised me to park on the double yellow lines in the car park, when I went to change parking spaces from the multi-storey there was an empty parking space, so thanks to the receptionist for the tip.

Room was pleasant enough and done the job. Breakfast was good along with some happy helpful staff which always makes a massive difference.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Godcrasher,

We are pleased you had an enjoyable stay and pleased that our staff were helpful for you, Your staff comments have been shared with the team.

we hope to welcome you again.

Stockport, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

I stay in 3 to 4 hotels every week and only normally write a report for the right reasons, all good. However tonight staying in the Holiday Inn in Preston I feel it's only right to comment on the poor service at the bar, I waited 10 mins before trying the internal phone that simply rang and rang, so I walked to the office and knocked on the door.

The response was not what I expected, all I said was is anyone able to serve me at the bar, bare in mind it was just after 11.00

The door was shut in my face with a
"I'll find someone" so I returned to the bar to wait for another 5 mins
Then a very nice young man came and served me and the other guests waiting for a drink. To be fair he and his team lead Kirsty were very attentive.
Having stayed in this hotel before and other ihg hotels it's a shame that one person could ruin the reputation Of the whole group
I hope ihg invest some time and money on customer relationship training because they need it
Disgruntled

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank James Andrew R
Dear Andrew James R,

Thank you for writing a review following your recent stay at our hotel, Holiday Inn Preston.

We are disappointed that you encountered a problem, with regards to a team member and the bar service.

Thank you for your comments with regards to Kirsty and her team, this has been noted and shared with her and the team.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss the other team member who you encountered the problem, so that we cab resolve, or action accordingly.

Guest Relations Manager

Travelers are raving about these Preston hotels

Lytham St Annes, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

We stayed here as we had free ticket for the frog and bucket,the bed very comfy,staff friendly and brecky was yummy.on the whole we had a very nice stay ,it was convenient for our night out, shopping and close to public transport

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Lisa K,

We are pleased you had an enjoyable stay and hope to welcome you again.

Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

I booked a room for a single night's stay on a business trip to Preston, There are only standard rooms, no upgrades to be had.
I opted for the, "Business rate," expecting a little more for the extra £24. The offer promised,

" BUSINESS PREMIER PACKAGE INCLUDES BED AND BREAKFAST FREE CABLED INTERNET INROOM AND FREE WI FI IN LOUNGE A BOTTLE OF WINE ON ARRIVAL ORANGE JUICE AND MINERAL WATER IN ROOM WITH A VOUCHER FOR A HALF PRICE MOVIE ALSO COMPLIMENTARY DESSERT WHEN DINING IN HOTEL RESTAURANT

Complimentary dessert when dining in Ringway Bar & Grill only and Bottle ofwine provided in room on arrival"

In fact,
1. Wifi or cabled internet is limited to narrow band width unless you pay extra. So no streaming or downloading. i couldn't watch the football on SkyGo through my laptop.
2. No mineral water or orange juice in my room, free or otherwise. The free bottle of wine in my room upon arrival, I'm still waiting.
3. TV channels very limited, no channel 4 and limited freeview satellite channels, let alone in house movies upon which to use my mythical, "half price movie voucher."
4. Toilet didn't flush properly
5. Car parking very limited, hotel info did say this to be fair
6. Food expensive. The basic hot fare was just under £14 for pie. chips and peas or fish and chips. Sandwiches from £6 each.

It certainly does NOT do what it says on the tin.

If you are looking to stay in this hotel, think again, the business package promises more than it can deliver, don't waste your money. The nearby Holiday Inn Express is much better value.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank PapaLazarou2013
HIPrestonRGRM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Preston, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear PapaLarouzu13,

We are disappointed the business package you were booked on did not deliver ' what it said on the tin'.

We would welcome to discuss this further with you, to enable to investigate some of the issues you have written about and also if you raised your concerns to any of our team members to allow of allowed us the opportunity to resolve this whilst you were in our hotel.

Contact - 01772 567000 (Vijya Di Niro - Guest Relations Manager)