“Long business stay”

Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Preston
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Long business stay”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

In October last year (2011} I was sent by my employers to work in Preston for 6 months, the agreement was that I would stay in preton from Sunday evening returning to the South east on Friday evening.
My employers (a Government department) use Expedia for hotel bookings so I left the arrangements up to them and they selected the Holiday Inn.
I enjoyed staying here, the hotel provides car parking which was important to me and from day one I was impressed with the staff from the porters to the duty managers everyone of them was cheerfull and very helpfull.
My double room was comfortable and kept clean.
I can not priase the breakfast enough, plenty of choice and guest can eat as much as they like.
My only negative is that the evening meals were quite expensive but there are plenty of restraunts close by including Indian and Chinees and a trtaditional pub at the end of the road.
The hotel is situated opposite the bus station but i was not kept awake at night and the town centre is within walking distance.
I would reccommend this hotel to business travellers who want to relax after a gruelling day of meetings or to do extra work from the hotel.
I was not there at week-ends but I think that it would be a good base for couples and adult famalies but I did not get the impression that there wa much to do for young children.
I could have changed to a more expensive hotel but decided to stay put although a swimming pool would have been nice.

Room Tip: Try for a room that does not overlook the bus station.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
shropshire
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Good location with excellent rooms and facilities.Attitude of staff was excellent,Value for money was also excellent.
Problem with limited car parking for guests - made worse by staff grabbing lots of the spaces for their own cars.Not very good and we were not impressed.We wondered if the Hotel General Manager condoned this.
Would stay again - will arrive in good time to secure parking place.Parking issue took the edge off a really good stay.

Room Tip: Request room facing the bus station to avoid road noise from the A6
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

We have been staying here for a lot of years and its main attraction is its location, it is only a short walk to the city centre and very close to an excellent Chinese restaurant called Great Times. Great prices can be found online for this hotel, I used the holiday inn app and got a double room for a Friday night for £39, breakfast was £10 extra per couple which is excellent value as it is an all you can eat style buffet catering for all tastes. The rooms are alway clean, the staff are very helpful. The only thing that I'd say against this hotel is the lack of car parking outside the hotel, there aren't enough spaces for the numbers of rooms but you can park at the adjacent multistorey carpark but we prefer to have the car where we can see it from the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
HIPrestonRGRM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Preston, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Helen7610,

Thank you for taking the time to write review following your recent stay at our hotel, Holiday Inn Preston.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and have noted your feedback on car park. It is a continuing problem our small car park and we have chased every avenue and will continue to do so to try and improve this for our guest. We do have an agreement with the NCP secured car park as you stated which is for our guest £4 parking pass for 24 hours.

We look forward to greeting you at out hotel in the future should you return.

Kind Regards
Vijya Di Niro
Guest Relations Manager
Liverpool
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Was a bit surprised at the last reviews as I found it excellent for a 3star hotel, the room was excellent very clean the bathroom was also very clean with fresh towels and a nice size bath, the shower was very powerful and there was shampoo and shower gel provided, parking is limited to first come first served which is fair, there is parking right facing the hotel, the staff at breakfast where excellent and cleared away very quickly, the choice was very good with hot and cold food available from cereal and fruits to porrige, and a full English hot breakfast, you would be poor to complain about the selection offered as there was a great choice for breakfast, although only stayed for one night would happily stay again, it's about two miles to the hotel from the M6 so easy to get back to the motorway and a short walk to the city centre

Room Tip: The food at the hotel was a bit expensive but the centre is a short walk away so more choice there
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Cardiff
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Stayed here for a 1 night business trip. Got there about 9pm and found the car park is very, very small. I had to park in the nearby Pay and display car park. I requested a quiet room but got a very noisy room. I think I was by the water waste pipes so I could hear every flush through the night.

On the upside the food in the restaurant in the vening was very good. The 8oz steak with Diane sauce was very good. Breakfast was also quite good.

Room Tip: Do not get 323
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Preston hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I am a gold card member of Holiday Inn (597196***) and usually like my stay at this chain. However i have to admit the Holiday In at Preston (Ringway) is not good. I tried to call the reception for 20 mins and could not get hold of them. Had to go to the reception on the 2nd floor to tell them that i can't access the internet. Internet access was free with my booking. They said there is no wireless access in my room as the reception is slow and i have to have 'restricted' access through the cable. The other option they provided me was to buy connection for 5 pounds (for x hrs). When i said i am a priority gold card member bang came a chit with Priority Club WiFi login instructions. The wifi in the room was very good infact much better than restricted access. There was no need to do that. One more classic. I ordered some food starters (crispy battered chicken mini fillets with sweet chilli dip) main dish and desert. There were 3 pieces of mini fillets :). The plate costs £4.95 Check the picture if you think i am taking a mick. There is another Holiday Inn (Express) near M6 at Preston. Its small , less expensive and much nicer. One lady who was checking out from the Express told was saying that Holiday Inn Preston has overbooked themselves so they have shifted her to the express. I would have been mad if they had done that to me. Holiday Inn are usually good but this one looks to be expensive, overworked and under stuffed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Sanjit_J
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Preston, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Sanjit_J,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. As a Gold Priority Club member we greatly appreciate your loyalty to our brand and hotel. We highly value views, opinions and feedback from our guests, as this allows us to constantly improve the service we provide.

I would like to offer a sincere apology for the inconvenience the internet service had caused you and regret that you were not satisfied with the service you received from our staff. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer to our guests.

I hope to have the opportunity in welcoming you back to stay with us and hope that this occasion did not deter you from staying with us again.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Watford,Herts
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Overnight stay on way up to Pitlochry with Shearings Holidays
Usual Holiday Inn Standards,good room-very clean and modern.
Food choice was a bit limited,but that was because we were on a Coach Holiday,only downside
it was chaos at Breakfast-could not cope with 2 Coaches at the same Time-Breakfast was ok

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo