“Excellent Restaurant”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 18, 2013

It has become a bit of a tradition for me to use Trip Advisor to find an Italian restaurant for my colleagues and myself as we travel the country and once again we have come up trumps. Okay, it was a Tuesday night and I had pre-booked our table, but there is no getting away from the fact that the food and service were absolutely first class. The menu selection is quite extensive and I chose the pâté for starter and Pollo Alla Crema for my main course. I also had a creme brûlée type dessert, which was beautiful. My only regret is that as my team are not planning to return to Preston for the foreseeable future, we will not be able to visit Marino's for a while, but trust me at sometime we will.

2  Thank Wiltshirewall

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We have eaten here on a few occasions. The pâté is beautiful! However, we went for a family meal as it was my birthday. My partner had taken the cake and candles in during the day. After our meal, and spending almost £100 at the restaurant, my partner asked numerous times for the surprise cake. After about 30 minutes my partner was eventually told that they were too busy!!!! Absolutely gutted as my children were excited to sing to me. We promptly left, as our 7 month old baby was upset- and we won't be returning. So disappointed and completely felt dismissed after we had paid. Shame, as the food was nice. I thought family restaurants like this would make a special effort with the kids also, but I was wrong on that front also!

2  Thank dolli116
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

I've eaten here a couple of times and I don't have a bad word to say about it. Great, authentic, fresh food!! Highly recommended.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I love this place and recommend it all the time to family and friends and in probably 20 visits have never had a bad experience until now. Had the steak for the 2nd time, 1st time I had it, it was fabulous so decided to treat myself, what can I say, it was awful, over cooked, grisly and not edible, the girls were very sorry and offered to get a new one, but the rest of the family were half way through their meals, offered a complimentary drink, but we had a bottle of wine on the table. I genuinly thought the owner/manager would come and apologise and perhaps as a gesture not charge us for the uneaten food. No nothing and this is why I am disappointed, as a valued customer I thought better of them and was disappointed not by the non offer of a refund but by the lack of grace the owners showed in not coming over to apoligise. Because this is my only bad experience I will go again, however, I will be wary.

prestonray, Owner at Marino's, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

We are very sorry about your experience!i remember very well that night and he was i miss understanding between me and the girls because i had instructed them to take the steak off the bill also to offer a complimentary drink , but obviously that did not happen !! you are a very valued costumer , please accept my late apologies we will make sure of that not happen again .

Reviewed August 22, 2013

The food was delicious and plentyful. As it was a special birthday all the staff came round our table with the birthday cake singing happy birthday with maracas and a trumpet! The birthday girl loved it! Will definitely come again!