“Checcos”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

The staff here are lovely as is the atmosphere. The food looked lovely but unfortunately was not for us. I cannot quite explain it but the taste of the vegetables was not quite what we are used to. It is through no fault of the restaurant itself just our differing tastes.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I have ordered several times from Checco's for take away and I really rate it although on this occasion I feel I need to comment...

On bank holiday Monday my partner called Checco's and he asked them what was in the seafood risotto... the waiter advised that it was just seafood... prawns and mussels. I do not eat fish but will eat seafood so my partner got this for us to share. To my horror there was salmon and tuna in the risotto now to a fish lover this would be perfect although I think saying it was a seafood risotto with one king prawn and two mussels really cannot be acceptable. The rice was cooked perfectly although maybe the waiters need training on what is in the food…

I would be particularly worried if I had an allergy if the staffs obviously do not know what is in the products on the menu.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Good food, well cooked ,super service ,approx.£25 per.head without drinks which are expensive,give it a try for a good night out.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Visited Checco's recently on a Sunday with my two daughters, one of whom lives nearby. We chose the two courses for £11.90 and there was a good choice for us veggies! We all had the stuffed mushrooms which were piping hot and tasted lovely. However, the dishes they were served in were well worn and chipped and it put me off a little. I had the ricotta and spinach cannelloni which was delicious, my girls had two other veggie pasta dishes which they really enjoyed. We had a nice time in each other's company but I have to agree with another reviewer, the restaurant is large and is quite characterless, some background music would have been nice. Another gripe, we had 2 large glasses of lime and soda and were billed almost £12.00, that's extortionate! I would recommend it though, nothing fancy, just good wholesome italian food.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Decided on a Saturday lunchtime meal with the inlaws. Telephoned to book and was told no need to book and just arrive. We arrived at approx. 13.30 and was seated quickly and drinks served. Food arrived quickly just the usual garlic mushrooms for me which were ok. Pate for one which was huge but slightly metalic to taste it was served with garlic bread. Prawns and melon the other starter which was good i was told. The mains 3 pizzas which are huge and very tasty. The bases thin which i love that way. One chicken in a cream sauce served with veg and roast spuds was polished off with a mmmmmmm. Including drinks £57.00 was great value. The dining room was empty when we wre there. Its One huge room which im not keen on, maybe installing a couple of booths around the edge be an advantage but i suppose its a modern look they want.