“Lovely, authentic Italian food”

Checco's Restaurant
Ranked #85 of 558 Restaurants in Preston
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 5, 2013

My husband and I have ate here many times and have always found the food and service to be excellent. They have a Specials menu also which is changed regularly but if there is something that you want and it is not on the menu, you can ask them and they are happy to make this - one of my favs being the salmon pasta. The Chicken Cacchiotore and the Calzone are two of my other fav dishes and the Calamari for starters is lovely and fresh. If I have space for dessert, I always opt for the Tiramissu which is home-made and fantastic - so light but a big enough portion for two people so we just order the one to share. The only downfall for me, although nothing to do with the food, is that the actual restaurant area I feel is not the most authentic as it is has quite high ceilings and lacks the intimacy and quaintness you might get from a small, bustling restaurant. Also, when it gets very busy at the weekend, you are better to try and get a table for 7.30pm as much later and you could be waiting longer, as we have experienced. That said, it is probably our favourite Italian restaurant in Preston, offering better quality than you get in the main city centre restaurants.

1  Thank SmithsPreston_Lancs
There are newer reviews for Checco's Restaurant

Reviewed March 11, 2013

We loved our meals at Checcos. Every one of our 3 courses were delicious. The atmosphere was great as it was really busy.

It was not a cheap meal but it was well worth the money.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I had lunch here today with some work friends and very much enjoyed it. The service was friendly and attentive without being intrusive. The menu had a good selection at a variety of prices and there were plenty of specials to choose from. We ordered from the a la carte menu but there is a good set lunch menu with two or three courses for around £12/15. I had lobster ravioli which was delicious and my colleagues enjoyed their pasta with crab too. Garlic bread was delicious and the coffee reminded me of Italy! The only shame was that we had to return to work so couldn't wash it down with a bottle of wine! Will have to come back soon for that!

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Went to Checco's in December with friends from work. I had a seafood Lasagne which tasted ok but the pasta was undercooked. However, the chicken liver starter was very nice. The price of a small glass of house wine was ridiculous. However, the biggest let-down of this resaurant was the seating area which was lifeless and lacklustre, it reminded me of a school dining hall.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Nicely decorated restaurant, excellent service. Like a large dining room with open kitchen though food served within a reasonable time and was super tasty and nicely presented. Cannot wait to go back