“Curry house double tree”
Review of Double Tree Indian Restaurant - CLOSED

Double Tree Indian Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European
Good for: Large groups, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Curry house double tree”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Food was cold place was cold and the drinks expensive used to be good disappointed!My friends also went same night and the order was wrong and they found the drinks expensive.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Gale E

Preston
“Always check your bill”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I visited this place after hearing some good reviews. It started well, the service was as you would expect and the food was lovely. Whilst eating my food I overheared the people at the table next to me querying the bill as they had been overcharged. I kept that in mind and when my bill came, I too had been over charged by nearly 10 pounds. The person who did it, was the same person who served the table next to me and the look in his eyes when challenged was that of sonmeone who knew he had done wrong. Anyway, a few weeks later my friend mentioned that he was going to have a meal here and I advised him to check the bill and guess what happened....they tried to over charge him. Since this, I have heard numerous people have been overcharged. I will never go to this place again and warn everyone against it.

• Visited November 2012
Preston, United Kingdom
“The Wow factor!”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

As a family, we go back to the Double Tree Restaurant again and again. Why? Well, there's lots of choice in Preston and we dine out often. We come back because it offers a good, imaginative menu, genuinely high quality food and a well-stocked bar enthusiastically and wisely managed. But it's more than that; it's the generous, warm, attentive service; it's the quirky but comfortable ambiance; it's the friendliness and attention to detail. And the word, "generous" keeps coming to mind. Nor are patrons forgotten between visits: there's always something (keenly priced) to seduce you back. But let's keep the Double Tree a secret between those who know a really good thing when they experience it.

• Visited January 2013
lancashire
“Finding a hair in my korma sums up my visit!”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Visited this restaurant for the first time after hearing good reviews, did I go to the wrong restaurant? Arrived and asked to wait in the seating area by the door, menu was then thrown to me. Taken to the table 15 minutes after it was booked for to find it had been pulled from another table and plonked in the main walk way from the kitchen and restaurant, staff kept moving it to the side and we ending up joined to another table of two! They left us to read the menus we had already been looking at for 15 minutes for anything 10 minutes and then came to take our drinks order. Our food order was taken a full 30 minutes after we had been given our menus! We didn't order starters and our drinks arrived about 5 minutes before our mains did, after a waiter having to take our order again because it had been missed placed. So my korma arrived and it had a hair in it, needless to say I didn't eat much and wanted to leave straight away. We sat with empty glasses and no one asked if we would like more drinks, just as no one asked if we would like coffee. They did however bring out orange slices and hot towels! Ladies get a red rosé with the bill, think I would of preferred my korma minus the hair to be honest! Doubt I'll be back what I did eat wasn't all that.

• Visited January 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Indian restaurant in Lancashire”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Best Indian restaurant in Lancashire Excellent service.staff very helpful and polite a nice atmosphere. The food was delicious and very well presented made our evening very special. And it's great to know some one finely got 5 star ratings food hygiene in Preston well dooonnn!!

• Visited December 2012