“Near the top of my list”
Review of Double Tree Indian Restaurant - CLOSED

Double Tree Indian Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
“Near the top of my list”
Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Went for staff night out. Very busy but service was good.
Food was excellent.
Will certainly go again.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor service”
Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

Food was good but service was apauling. We got seated half an hour after our booked time. We ordered popodums. Our mains arrived 1hour later we kept being told they where on there way. We ordered a bottle of wine at the bar. The barman dissapeared with our change collaref him half hour later. He then short changed us. Shame because the food was lovely but the service shocking

1 Thank Maria261288
Preston, United Kingdom
“Food was rubbish and service wasn't great. Will not be returning.”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Okay so let me start by saying that I do not like leaving bad reviews, I'd rather not say anything, but I was compelled by such a bad experience both in food and service. Was dubious about eating there because every other establishment (Prego, Le Frog, Curry in a Hurry...) never lasted very long there but wanted a change from East a East and reviews on Sugarvine looked positive. what a huge mistake, some of these "positive" reviews must be fake.

We booked a table on a Saturday evening for 7:30pm, on arrival there was no knowledge of this,

The starters we ordered were okay actually for say half the price.

Then we get to the mains

Between three of us we ordered, Chilli Masala Chicken, Naga Chicken Curry and King Prawn Shashlik,

The Chilli Masala chicken was cooked in a sweet chilli sauce! the chicken fillets themselves were cooked perfectly but the sauce would not have been out of place in a Chinese Szechuan!! Glad I didn't order the venison curry.

The Naga Chicken curry was no better, we expected it to be mega hot, but it was bitter and pretty tasteless my friend who loves his spicy curries regretted ordering it and almost asked for a refund

The king prawn shashlik was the same too, prawns themselves were cooked well, but the dish was very bland to all three of us.

Before anyone asks, yes I am Indian and know my curries, one of our trio is English also a foodie and the other is a Pakistani curry lover and sorry to say we agreed that this was one of our worst food experiences.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank cc_onetowatch
Preston, United Kingdom
“DOUBLE TREE? - More Like TROUBLED Eating Establishment”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Ok, so visiting a restaurant for the first time on New Years Eve 2012 perhaps wasn't my best idea, but our experience of this restaurant from start to (our early) finish was atrocious!!! Let me begin!
We arrived on time and were rushed through to our table without as much as a greeting from the waiter. We then sat and waited for 25 minutes before anyone from the Double Tree had the courtesy to take a drinks order from us. Nevertheless, we were entertained with a Fawlty Towers-esque moment as one of the barmen attempted to set a table of four by copying the set-up on ours!!! The head waiter (whom I shall call Basil) then came over, berated the barman and set about re-setting the table. When I had the nerve to complain to Basil about the length of our wait, rather than receiving an apology, he attemped to make me feel bad that the restaurant was busy! He then took our order for food and drink.
Not to be outdone, the original waiter returned 10 minutes later and asked if we would like to order!
Drinks arrived, then starter and poppadoms 20 minutes later, no big problems there, given it was New Years Eve. Banquet Starter(for 2) was ok had I paid £5 for it as opposed to the £8.95 price tag, but the salad which accompanied it tasted like it had been washed in dirty water and stood around for hours. Again, we were entertained this time by the portable radiator that crashed to the floor much to alarm of the family of eight that were sat next to it and chatting to fellow disgruntled diners that evening.
We waited for main courses, watched people come in, eat starters, receive and tuck into main courses, then waited a little longer.
The original waiter then returned again and asked if we would like to order starters!!!???
At this point I was waiting for the late Jeremy Beadle to appear and decided to raise the white flag and made for the reception area. Basil realised that his game was up and rushed over to make sure that he at least took some money from us. I asked him if he understood why we were leaving, and received some sort of verbal tirade about us not being able to wait for fresh food as opposed to "pre-packed" rubbish that other local Indian Restaurants serve. At this point I advised Basil that we would pay the £21.30 for our starters, an Archers and Lemonade and a pint of Lager, but we would not be returning. (Had it not been NYE I would have refused to pay and waited for the police to arrive) Basil then exceeded even his own low standards by saying "we don't need customers like you sir!" My response to you then and my response to you now remains the same "You need me more than I need you my friend." There are plenty of other great Indian restaurants in the Preston area, EastZEast, Bukhara, Shajan, Ashiana who serve delicious food and know how to treat their customers. Do yourself a favour, give the Troubled EE a miss!!!
Only given this restaurant one star because no stars is not an option.

• Visited December 2012
5 Thank swri6023
Lytham Lancashire
“Poorly trained staff and liberty taking”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We had heard good reports on this restaurant and were keen to sample their amenities, we were disappointed with many aspects of the evening.
Dear friends of ours joined us for a pre booked table on New Year's Eve 2012 and from the very moment of sitting down we felt pressured to order, finish our meal and leave, this was blatantly obvious from the demeanour of the staff the standard of service and feedback from neighbouring tables.
We felt the training of the staff could be improved dramatically, the 3 or 4 staff that catered for our table constantly reached in front of us to serve, clear plates and serve drinks, we went to great pains also to point out to them that dropping cutlery on the floor and replacing them on tables that had been vacated and were being prepared for the next guests was not good form and should have been replaced from the clean cutlery supply.
The table had been booked for 8:10 pm and did appear to fill quickly so we did start to sympathise with staff to turn around the tables quickly and efficiently but still found the attitude to clear plates as soon as literally we placed our cutlery down very annoying.
To reach the toilet facilities meant traversing a wide stairway to the upper floor and I expected to see the upper seating facilities mirror those below but although the room was far in excess of the seating facilities downstairs only 2 tables were occupied, so why the pressure to finish and leave??
The toilet facilities we felt were very inadequate for the number of patrons potentially catered for with only one stall in the gents for an estimated 200+.
We did not agree with previous reviews, in that the menu was not very extensive and apart from a couple of fish dishes it was presented as a typical Indian menu, the food we have to say was excellent although small in portions but the service was abominable.
The sting in the tail was the bill, on viewing the menu initially we were resigned to the fact this was not going to be the cheapest restaurant we had eaten in but gross anomalies in the items that we had ordered and those received were glaring, they had also introduced an £11 service charge, as this is optional one wonders how many pay the bill without checking assuming all's well, after checking carefully we found an overcharge of £20 for drinks food items and gratuity we never received.
All in all a very uncomfortable and forgettable experience.

• Visited December 2012