All reviews pub next door phantom winger plenty of parking short stay easy access the ground floor beans car park comfortable bed double room tea coffee stayed here for one night lake district an overnight stay excellent value for money motorway dee
Selected filters
Reviewed May 2, 2017

Nice clean room,staff was very helpful. Late bar ,early breakfast.reasonably priced, close to guys thatched hamlet which is lovely to visit and holds a lot of entertainment through the year.next door to the ibis is a pub with kids play area,they also do food.plenty of car parking spaces.

Date of stay: April 2017
Jayne R, General Manager at Ibis Preston North, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2017

Dear gail t

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, it is a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you again very soon.

Reviewed April 23, 2017 via mobile

Booked this Hotel via booking.com for 6 nights over the Easter break for my family (2 adults, 3 children). We moved our trip a day earlier so had to book an extra night separately which was a blessing in disguise. After this night, we decided to cancel the remaining 6 nights and move hotels. The hotel room was in urgent need of refurbishment - tired worn carpet, old desk area, no storage room, old bathroom and small beds. Even the stairwell in the hotel resembled a prison! After checking out we spoke to the Manager who was a lot friendlier than the east European lady on reception who was rather rude and we didn't even want to complain! The manager pointed out that the hotel is a 'budget' hotel and that the price reflects that, however, I've stayed in a number of budget hotel chains throughout the U.K. and Europe (including some Ibis) and all of them had been refurbished in the recent past, not 10+ years ago. Also if it is a budget hotel, why doesn't it come under the ibis budget banner? Very poor, which is a shame as it is in a good location for both business and leisure users.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Jayne R, General Manager at Ibis Preston North, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2017

Dear PrestonMunich123

I am sorry to read your review following your recent visit to us, my Assistant Manager Glen was the gentleman you spoke with and he has made me aware of your visit.

Please be assured we value our feedback and where we can we use it positively to improve our guest experience.

Reviewed April 20, 2017

Booked the Ibis hotel online via TripAdvisor, and on our arrival we were greeted and this hotel has multi-tasking staff that book you in via a smartphone and then do all manner of other tasks to complete your stay. There is ample parking outside with no queuing! After some initial confusion (there were three rooms booked with the same surname) we picked our details and paid there and then - there is the option of paying on exit but I prefer better out of the way as I knew we would be leaving early on the day of our return. Given the dreaded key cards, we entered our room, on the second floor and found everything to our satisfaction - a double bed and sofa bed for the kids. Unpacking, there was ample room for both ours and the kids bits - the bathroom was immaculate and welcoming as was the TV for the kids to relax a bit. Throughout our stay, all staff we encountered were polite, professional and always smiling, checking if everything was ok. Breakfast was a sumptious affair, from cereals and pastries continental style, to the cooked breakfast if required. A proper coffee machine took care of that, whilst the chilled section offered juices, milk, fruit, yoghurts, cheese and ham. A few niggles came to like, mainly with the key cards, having to reset them several times during our stay - we were advised to keep them away from smartphones but even when this was the case, they annoyingly failed just as we were returning late at night - however, the staff were always on hand to reset them when requested. Our sink didn't have a plug so we improvised, adapted and overcame (thank you Gunnery Sergeant Highway)! The towels were changed in good time, the beds made up but strangely although the tea & coffee sachets were refilled, the cups were not washed up / replaced? However, in the grand scheme of things, no issues. The hotel can be noisy in the late / early hours, many from inconsiderate consistently useful naturally talented people returning from their evenings but an excellent location and service for our needs. Thank you.

Room tip: The rooms either face the car park or the M55 motorway - with the windows shut you hardly notice the noise.

Dear Andy

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience with us, i'm pleased to read you were pleased on the whole with your stay.

I hope you will choose us again when you are next visiting the area.

Reviewed April 18, 2017

Booked a "family room" which is described as a double bed + a sofa bed. Check-in process was quick and easy. Staff were friendly and welcoming through-out the stay. Unfortunately, the accommodation requires some investment. The sofa bed was unbearably uncomfortable I decided against asking my daughter to use it - I purchased an airbed which my daughter used instead for the duration for our stay. I would have rated the property a two star hadn't it been for the friendly staff.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Shamser

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, I'm sorry to hear the sofa bed was not comfortable for your daughter, we do reccomenr only small children under the age of 12 should sleep in the extra bed I am unsure how old your daughter was.

I hope this will not put you off returning to us in the future myself and the team will do all we can to welcome you back.

Reviewed April 9, 2017

Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels
Jayne R, General Manager at Ibis Preston North, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2017