“Our stay at IBIS, PRESTON.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ibis Preston North

Ibis Preston North
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Preston
Haverhill, United Kingdom
“Our stay at IBIS, PRESTON.”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the above hotel. Staff were extremely helpful and polite; room cleaners equally so.
The food we ate was of a good standard.
We felt that the lounge and restaurant areas could probably do with an upgrade as it looked "tired".
We have stayed at an IBIS HOTEL twice [ 2006 and 2012] in Amsterdam ,which was excellent all round.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Beverley1182, Team leader at Ibis Preston North, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for your comments, I, as I’m sure my team will be, am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and wish to inform you that our public area is undergoing a facelift that is due for completion by the end of October. Thank you again for your comments, we hope to welcome you back again soon. Kind Regards, Ryan Edwards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Polish first
Golspie, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Situated right on the M55 motorway and the A6, the Ibis Hotel in Preston (North) is as good a budget hotel as we have found. Pet friendly (for which they don't charge - Travelodge, take note!) and very well priced, we stayed two nights which cost just £93 in total, room only. There is a breakfat buffet which we didn't use but which smelled wonderful!

It is not well signposted and located behind some dense shrubbery so it can be difficult to find - my advice is to follow for the (very well signposted) Wacky Warehouse restaurant next door, which is also a very good place to eat - just £5.99 for a curry and a pint!

The car park is the only thing I can criticise - the speed bumps are ridiculously high and can cause damage to your car unless you're careful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Beverley1182, Team leader at Ibis Preston North, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Trip advisor. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay, as I am sure my team will be when I pass on your comments.
Please accept my sincerest apologise for any inconvenience caused by the loss of directional road signs to Ibis Preston North, I can assure you that I am in regular contact with our local council in order to improve this situation.
The car park speed bump is design with the hotel, and the public house next door, guest’s safety in mind and to encourage drivers to drive carefully around our car park, it is possible to avoid the speed bump, if necessary, by driving along the top edge (furthest from the buildings) of our car park towards the exit.
I thank you again for your comments and hope to welcome you back again soon.
Kind Regards,
Ryan Edwards
Team leader
Ibis Preston North
Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here on a friday as was goin to blackpool on the saturday it was great the staff know what there where doing rooms god breakies very nice would stop again just the right place to rest your head

• Stayed October 2012
Beverley1182, Manager at Ibis Preston North, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis Preston North I look forward to your next visit. Kind regards, Beverley Derbyshire
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 15, 2013

This hotel is a joke. Firstly we asked for a room next to the groom who would be checking in a bit later, gave his name put the guy on the desk was clearly not interested and did not take anything down,and they put him on a different floor. We paid for breakfast the next morning and had to wait about 15-20 minutes for them to bring out 6 sausages and 6 rashers of bacon. there were at least 6 other guests waiting for the food to come out so as you can imagine, this went in an instant. Then to top it all off, depsite paying in advance, they took the money off my card a seconf time. This was 3 weeks ago and despite phones cal and e-mails to both the manager at the hotel and Accor I have not had my money back yet. It is a total disgrace and i would never reccommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Do not get one on the motorway side - it is very noisy and even with double windows you can still he...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Beverley1182, General Manager at Ibis Preston North, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
I am sorry to hear that you didn’t find the service at our hotel Ibis Preston North up to your expectations. We pride ourselves on our staff training and availability, so this is something I will be looking into personally. However this is not the service my team normally provide as you will be able to see from other reviews. The card asked for at the time of check in, is a security measure to help prevent fraud and is not charged a second time, I apologise if this was not explained to you. I hope you will give us the opportunity in the future to provide you with the standards we are known for. . Kind regards, Beverley Derbyshire

Travelers are raving about these Preston hotels

Warwickshire
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed here whilst visiting relatives in Blackpool. Very good location for travelers being just off the M55. This was typical of a basic travelers hotel. It had everything you would want for a couple of nights. The public rooms were about to have a face lift, but were ok. The room was basic, a good size though. A 5ft comfortable bed with plenty of comfortable pillows. Air conditioned and very clean. The bathroom had a large walk in shower with a good supply of clean white towels.
Our room faced the motorway but the double glazing shut out noise efficiently. However we chose to have the window open at night and you could hear some traffic noise.
Breakfast was good, buffet style but with plenty of choice. However they had no eggs available- the delivery was late. No one had the authority to nip out to the local shop- a pity. Staff polite and friendly. Efficient check in and out.

Room Tip: If you like a window open at night ask for a room away from the motorway. Otherwise all rooms are pr...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Beverley1182, General Manager at Ibis Preston North, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your visit at Ibis Preston North. I do apologies for the issues encountered with breakfast.

Kind regards, Beverley Derbyshire
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Room has everything you need for a quick stop over; the whole place is clean and well presented. Staffs were very pleasant when obtaining some information for us about a event nearby which they clearly had no idea about.
Breakfast was ok, reasonable priced, nicely presented on what is clearly recently new tiles, but they could do with replenishing more frequent as the bacon was leathery and the furniture would benefit from a replacement.
All in all a very good stay and, if I find myself needing great accommodation at a reasonable price in this area, I will certainly not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit at Ibis Preston North.
Kind regards, Beverley Derbyshire
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 3, 2013

we went too a wedding at bartle hall only a 10 min drive from ibis so was handy. we were soon in and soon out again too attend the wedding. we returned very late and were gretaed by a young male (keiran i think). he then informed me he would keep the bar open for us so we could keep the night going and was also able to cook up some food at 2.30am(great staff member with a great sence of humer and a lot of charicter. the morning staff were helpful at breakfast and the food was great. all in all a good cheap hotel with caring staff.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis Preston. I will pass these comments on to Kieran to which he will be very pleased with. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards,
Beverley Derbyshire