“Enjoyable restful meal”

Ranked #40 of 588 Restaurants in Preston
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Been 3 times now and every visit is superb, sociable greeting, attentive staff and an interesting menu of excellent cooked food, don't get rushed such a peaceful time.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,129)

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We just happened on this restaurant on the way home from work and it was lovely. The staff were friendly and the food was excellent we chose from the two courses for £10 ,didn't expect a lot but it was all fresh and locally sourced a must to pay a visit.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Hi
Went to The Sparling with two friends yesterday and the Male in our party is a very fussy eater did not need to worry everything that was asked for was carried out without any fuss. Thanks again for a great meal

Reviewed March 24, 2013

This was the best pub or restaurant meal I've had in a long time.
The venue has reinvented and renamed itself a number of times but it's great now.
When I read the menu I thought a few of the combinations seemed a bit odd (cheese on fish? - no thanks!) but everything we had (4 of us) was really excellent.
I had veg soup, deep dish, a good helping, obviously freshly made.
Ribeye steak with a dressed salad splodge that looked odd but tasted great & a large helping of boiled new potatoes was just perfection.
My wife has a food allergy but was weel looked after with an off-the-cuff veggie tagliatelle.
Not cheap but not expensive either, just good value.
Neil and his staff were great too.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Cheddar Cheese and Spring Onion Potato Cake with Oven Dried Vine Cherry Tomatoes, Lemon Butter Sauce and Rocket Salad followed by Pickled Ginger Ice Parfait Served with Lemon and Meringue Ice Cream. What could be better than that for a hungry Vegetarian? The taste buds thoroughly enjoyed this perfectly balanced meal, quantities of each element were just right. Appetite was satisfied, very special thanks to the chefs. My companion and I were served by friendly and efficient staff who worked very hard to ensure we were attended to. Thanks to them!
HOWEVER, an evening out in a restaurant is much more than the food on the plates. Our experience was greatly spoilt by the very loud and in my view very selfish behaviour of the diners on the next table. Perhaps I am old fashioned but I do not think quality restaurants are the place for exaggerated laughter and shrieking to such an extent that diners at the next table cannot hold a conversation. I would like to suggest that this is inappropriate without sounding like a kill joy. If children behaved in this way I feel comments would be made by the establishment.
The chefs deserve the best setting in which to serve the creative food, diners deserve the best setting to enjoy it. The waitress was aware of our distress but it was obviously not in her experience to address the issue. I felt sorry for her as she had sympathy with our plight. Management needs to address this and ensure every diner not just the loudest has the best experience, we paid the same price after all. I am going to investigate restaurants to see if they have a policy for this very unfortunate selfish behaviour. In the meantime I don't think we shall return, a great pity, The Sparling has great chefs, their food deserves better than this and so do we, hence the average rating.