“Good spot for lunch”

Ranked #26 of 577 Restaurants in Preston
Cuisines: European
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: High quality, informal, casual dining using fresh ingredients is what food at FORUM is all about, from sharing dishes, boards & mezes, light lunches & classic bar meals through to steaks and Aberdeen Angus burgers from the grill We take our drinks very seriously at FORUM and our menu has an extensive selection of drinks including in-house aged cocktails, smoked cocktails, foams, premium spirits as well as craft beers and ales
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Had lunch here a few times and never been disappointed. My food choice was rather boring as I am on a diet. I had a chicken salad which the waiter made some changes to suit me. Very accommodating. All very freshly cooked. I would go back again. The waiter was excellent and managed to sort out all our changes to the menu.

Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

I've walked past the Forum on many occasions and looking in, I had formed the impression that it was a bit too trendy for me. And, after having lunch there today, I was right. However, as modern bars go, it was nowhere near as bad as I had feared.

For my lunch, I ordered smoked Applewood and Paprika Mayo burger. With Piri Piri chips. As a meal it was fine though the language on the menu was far too flowery for my liking.

As for the atmosphere, although it was relaxed, there are few soft furnishings upstairs which meant the volume of the noise was almost ear-splitting. As a result, making conversation with anyone other than your immediate neighbour was extremely difficult.

Turning to value for money, I paid £10 which included a glass of diet coke. As it was a special occasion, this wasn't too much. However, for an ordinary run-of-the-mill lunch, it would have been too expensive.

Overall, the Forum wasn't as bad as I had imagined it would be. However, I generally prefer 'building site' food which obviously wasn't on offer.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Great value & served quickly even though they weren't quiet. Lovely staff who were attentive & polite. The menu isn't massive or over whelming just great for a stop for tea before going out round town. Will defo go back!!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Every time am out shopping in Preston, this is mt stop off place for lunch... the food great. the people who wait on great!!! You can book occasions here my niece had her 21st there!!! it was fab

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Went to the above for the first time in ages, we don't normally go to Preston for shopping and eating, but I was looking for something in particular.

After a little discussion with Himself, we decided to have the olives and the oil and balsamic dip. Good. The special was a duck salad with a plum sauce and coriander dressing. Bloody marvellous!

He who must be obeyed went all Old England on me, and had a scone with clotted cream and jam for pud. I decided that a dirty martini was the way to go. Luckily, the guy behind the bar knew how to make one, and how fantastic was it? Very.

Good food, reasonable prices, brilliant dirty martinis, go for it!!