“Great Stay”

Premier Inn Preston Central Hotel
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Preston
Reviewed April 8, 2014

A great price for a hotel in an ideal location right in the city centre. Affordable car parking right next door. The rooms were very comfortable and the breakfast offered a good selection. Unlike some hotels the bar area was warming and the drinks were reasonably priced.
The real gem though were the staff, all were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Sharon D, Manager at Premier Inn Preston Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Hi Chubbyluvdrink,

Thank you so much for giving us 5 stars on your review, i'm very proud of the whole team here who helped make your stay an enjoyable one. I will pass on your comments to the whole team so they can see what a fantastic job they do.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

The noise around the hotel meant we didn't sleep well at all, there was a group on the courtyard for much of the night shouting, and building works very early on in the morning. You expect noise as it's a city, but they were there for far too long and should have been moved on.

Other than that, the room was good, the staff were very polite.

I'd stay again, but I'd request a room higher up and to the other side.

The room was extremely expensive for a budget hotel too.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Hi Matt.S,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I'm very sorry that you didn't get a good nights sleep due to noise from people outside the hotel, unfortunately we do have issues on the weekend as Preston can get very busy with a lot of clubs staying open until 5a.m. However if you do stay with us again we can put you on the back of the hotel were it is quieter, also we are waiting to get triple glazing put in on the front of the hotel which we hope will help reduce noise issues for guests.

Thank you once again for your feedback and i really hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

This is a new Premier and very well presented. The only concerns that I had were that it was a bit of a challenge to find the entrance (and kerb appeal was not good!) and a colleague, who drove, had a real challenge in parking close by (no car park, one way and bollards!)

Breakfast layout was a little confusing! But the food was satisfactory.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Hi Curlytoptwin,

Thank you for posting a review of Preston Central, i'm very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, with regards to the roadworks around the hotel i'm very sorry and i know they are a pain but thankfully they will be completed soon, Also we have an arrangement with the Euro car park behind the hotel so you can park there overnight for £10.00 for 24hrs. If you stay with us again in the future please contact us for more details.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

I stayed with my wife at the Preston Central Premier Inn for one night in connection with the PTC Grand Finals in snooker in the nearby Guild Hall. Location is excellent, no more than a five minute walk from everything in the Preston city center.

We arrived before our room was ready, and it was no problem having the hotel hold our luggage until we could check-in later on. Actual check-in was done on self-service automats (standard procedure at Premier Inn, I think), but a very service-minded employee guided us thorugh it step-by-step. We could have done it ourselves without any problems, I think, but as it was our first time at a Premier Inn, I think he chose to guide us all the way through.

The room was quite large, with a desk, sofa, double-bed and a fairly large bathroom. Everything was as it should be! We had premier breakfast included in our reservation, and the staff in the breakfast restaurant were among the nicest and most serviceminded I have encountered in any UK hotel. Breakfast itself was better than in many other economy class hotels I have tried.

All in all we paid about £75 for room, breakfast and 24h Wifi, and although Premier Inn is not among the most exciting or beautiful of hotels, I think that was quite good value for money.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank T-Frandzen
Sharon D, Manager at Premier Inn Preston Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Hi T-Frandzen,

Thank you so much for taking the the time to post such a fantastic review of our hotel. I will let the reception and breakfast team see your comments so they can see what a brilliant job they are doing. I hope that you will continue to use Premier Inn in the future and if the snooker is held at Preston again we hope to be able to welcome you back.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

I travel around the north west of England on business and always try to stay at the Preston Central Premier Inn when I can. Yes, it's a bog standard Premier Inn, with basic but clean rooms, however the staff at this hotel are the friendliest, most helpful and cheery team I have encountered. The bar / restaurant area is very pleasant and the food is lovely. I really can't fault this hotel at all. It's also a stones throw all of what Preston has to offer. I would highly recommend!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Sharon D, Manager at Premier Inn Preston Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Hi JackyD,

Thank you so much for posting such a fantastic 5 star review of our hotel here at Preston Central, i will be passing on your comments to the whole team so they can see what a fantastic job they are doing. We hope that you will continue to use us for all your future trips to Preston and thank you once again.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

I have a wonderful stay in the Preston Central Premier Inn hotel recently & intend doing so again in the next month or so..the location of the hotel was ideal for the reason I booked the room, central really is central in Preston.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Hi Bren525,

Thank you for posting a review of our hotel, i'm very happy that you enjoyed your stay and especially the location and we look forward to welcoming you back in the coming month.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

I was only used the place to sleep after a night out, I didn't have breakfast and I think the nearest car park (at a reasonable price) is at the train station. Probably not ideal if you have a lot of luggage.
Overall perfect for a night out, booked in advance a decent price of £29 for a Friday evening.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Hi Lancsboy1980,

Thank You for taking the time to post a review of Preston Central, i'm very happy that you enjoyed your stay and had a great night out in Preston, for future reference there is a pay and display car park directly behind the hotel called the Euro car park where you can park for 24hrs at £10.00.

Kind Regards and we hope to see you again in the future,