“nice but overpriced”

Premier Inn Preston Central Hotel
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Preston
“nice but overpriced”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

i stayed at this hotel because i was stuck in preston all night and this is where the train station had told us to go, £71 was too expensive £87.50 with food and we had just come from blackpool and payed £35 less for a room at a b&b with buffet breakfast which was clean, i also found hair in the bath i know it can get everywhere

1 Thank emzi12

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Hotel was clean and staff really friendly. I was on my own with two young children (one baby) and they accomodated well. I was very unhappy when housekeeping decided to enter my room without knocking and hitting my sons pushchair with force with the door....! He was asleep in it 5mins before! I have complained in person. Its only 30 mins free wi fi which barely worked when I was there! I also had to wait for my cooked breakfast as they were busy, I assumed it would be a buffet, I don't feel it was worth the best part of £9! Happy to stay in a premier again although I'll hope that no-one barges into my room without warning again!

1 Thank Kay B
CaraRoberts, General Manager at Premier Inn Preston Central Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Kay B,

Firstly let me take this opportunity to apologise for the problems you experienced and let me assure you this is not the standard we like to portray for Premier Inn. There is no justification for anyone to enter a guest’s room without first knocking. For this I am truly sorry and will arrange a refund to be forwarded onto you without delay.

We do hope to welcome you and your family to Premier Inn again in the near future.

Yours sincerely
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I stayed with my mum on our way to a wedding. Was very clean and the staff were really friendly especially the chef and all the kitchen and bar staff as I am a vegan and when I called in advance the chef couldn't have been more helpful and accommodating. We really enjoyed our stay and couldn't of asked for more.
I would definitely recommend and intend to stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank laine5000
CaraRoberts, General Manager at Premier Inn Preston Central Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Iaine5000,

Thank you for choosing Premier Inn Preston Central for your recent stay. It's really nice to read that the staff here, in particular our chef to be helpful and accommodating. Given the chance we do aim to meet all our guests requirements so thank you for allowing us to do so. On behalf of the team and myself we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Kind Regards
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 28, 2013

As with other reviewers I am in agreement that this hotel has a lot to offer for the price. Rooms are basic but very well equipped, ours even had a bath which is quite unusual these days. Check in was very quick and easy with key card access to different levels keeping you feeling safe and secure. Very quiet at night and bed very comfortable. Breakfast was efficient and of good quality, staff were friendly and the quality of service very good. Need to stay in the City and looking for a good quality hotel at a reasonable price? Look no further!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank keystonePreston
Dear KeystonePreston,

Thank you for your recent recommendation of Preston Central. I am pleased to read you managed to pick up one of our Premier Saver rates and got your room at a fantastic price. You had a good nights sleep as per our guarantee followed by a good quality breakfast all served by our friendly staff and left feeling brilliant!

Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Stayed here for a week with work. Great location, fantastic rooms, and restaurant, with a good selection of choice, great prices also. Air condition was a welcome during my stay. Rooms are decorated well and in keeping with the iconic hotel chain.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Barker5050,

Thank you for the review of your stay with us last week. It's nice to read we managed to fill all criteria that being a "great location, fantastic rooms and restaurant, with a good selection of choice, all topped by great prices plus the welcoming addition of air conditioning".

Once again thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Kind Regards
West Yorkshire
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

we arrived quite late last night (Sat eve)and were able to park easily on the road outside the hotel. lovely welcome from David who was cheery and so helpful. nice room on 1st floor and beds were comfy, so much so that we slept in very late!! when arriving at breakfast very late I was worried but Tracey was absolutely fantastic - helpful, accomodating and helped us get a fab breakfast being extra helpful with our little un. she is a real credit to the hotel. Thanks to Sharon too. no stress when we checked out a little late. Great premier inn. great staff. great stay! !!

Dear Yummymummy35,

Let me take this opportunity to thank you for your review, it's particularly nice to read when our team have gone the extra mile in such a way that a guest can recall their names. It speaks volumes to the lengths they went to ensure you left feeling brilliant.

On behalf of David, Tracey, Sharon and Myself we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Many Thanks
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

I was very happy with my stay, i have stayed more the once at this hotel and both times i cant fault the hotel, roadworks sucked but no noise involved for me, was really nice to actually find a room at £29, ive looked all over the country and never before found.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear LeeB25,

Thank you for returning to Preston Central Premier Inn, I am pleased you were able to secure a £29 room rate! With the saver rates, sites only get allocated a certain number of them and once they have all gone the rate will go up so my advice would be to book in advance and online. If you do not come across the £29 rooms you will still find our rates very competitive. Good Luck and I hope you find more £29 deals in the future.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Regards