“Great for overnights for families”

Premier Inn Preston Central Hotel
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Preston
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed over the Easter Weekend and found the Premier Inn to be clean, staff friendly and breakfast great. There is no parking on site but a secure car park near by. If staying over the weekend, cheaper parking can be found at the station which is only 10mins walk away.

Unfortunately we had an issue with alot of children running up and down the corridors at night as they were staying due to a football tournament. The staff at the premier inn were very quick at dealing with the issue.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Preston Central Hotel

Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend stayed over this Easter weekend and found the Premier Inn to be fantastic. Service was extremely helpful and professional, could never seem to do enough for the guests. Spotless throughout and perfectly situated for the train station, shopping and an evening out.

Unfortunately you cannot choose the guests, encountering a rather noisy family on our second night, but there is nothing more the staff could have done. A fantastic value stay, one which I'll certainly be returning to!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I have stayed in many different hotels in the UK and at every price range but I do not remember being so impressed by the staff anywhere. They obviously have set 'spiels' but they are genuinely friendly and very considerate. As one reviewer commented there are no ironing boards or irons in the rooms but they will be produced within minutes on a phone call. The absence of an on-site car park is a downside but there is one (which is very secure) within 100 yards. I have stayed there on business now for some weeks and have found the level of cleanliness beyond reproach in each and every bedroom and all of the public areas. Premier Inns are not the cheapest budget hotel but they always offer good value for money. Their management should be delighted with this example of their brand

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 22, 2013

This was my first stay at a Premier Inn and although it is a budget hotel the service and quality of food was very good. The beds and pillows were very comfortable and I slept well which is unusual for me. Although in a side street it is easy to get too and not far from Preston train station.
The dinner menu was normal food fare but was good value. It is situated in a very quiet location and this made my stay more enjoyable.
However there are no car parking facilities and although this did not affect me ,it is inconvenient for people who travel by car.
The other drawback is as a non smoking hotel there were no facilities outside for smokers to deposit their butts and there was evidence of smoking on the floor outside the hotel but I did see an employee sent out to sweep the butts up. A very pleasant stay and good value for money.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Have stayed in this hotel now a number of times and always have a pleasant stay. Rooms are always spotless and staff are helpful with requests. Great central location for nights out. Only one problem - can order room service but have to go down to the bar to order and then back down to pick it up. Would be a better system if you could ring down first. We ordered our food and it arrived at different times. One of our party ordered some toast and took at least half an hour to get to us, by this time everyone else had eaten or food was cold.

Room Tip: All rooms we have stayed in have been spotless. Can request adjoining rooms if you are going with fr...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 21, 2013

An excellent experience - staff very welcoming and caring - from the room staff [Angela] through the serving staff [Emma and Tracy] and the reception staff. Clean warm room, well maintained, food good and reasonably priced. This was my third stay and each time I have been impressed by the hig level of staff commitment to making my stay a happy one.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Having never stayed in a hotel by myself i was quite apprehensive about my stay. However my mind was put at ease as soon as i arrived with the friendly welcome and explaination by Jason about how everything worked. I arrived in my spacious room which was a little chilly but soon rectified when i saw you can adjust the temperature. The room was spacious bathroom sparkling clean and a bath and shower which both worked well. i was served for 2 of my meals by Matt who again put me at my ease and was very quick and attentive. Scott who was shift supervisor was also helpful.Nothing was too much for the staff, i never felt i was inconveniencing anyone and the only slight problem that i had was a strange smell in the room which was quickly attended to and a change of room was offered if i felt i needed it. All staff were genuinely friendly and i cant speak highly enough of my whole experience. I took advantage of the meal deals, i have a lactose intolerance but soya milk was provided and the lady waitress remembered it for the next day. All meals were delicious hot and very generous. I also slept like the dead. I will be returning either later this year but more likely next year to visit my friends in Leyland again. I would highly recommend this hotel. I have seen some negative comments made about this hotel but i think some people will find fault with anything, Looking forward to my return.

Room Tip: Book well in advance to get great prices.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo