“Great little Find”

Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Preston
Auburn, California
“Great little Find”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Us and our friends stayed here on our travels through the UK. We were going to stay at the Marriott but as it was full they recommended this hotel to us. Everyone there was very nice, the rooms clean and the food at their restaurant was very good. A different kind of menu but I was happy with what I had ordered. I've let my English friends know as they are more likely to be in this area than me. But I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Hungarian first
Wirral U.K.
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights DBB from 20th September 2012 party of 16 on a walking holiday.Fine looking hotel on approach, inside blending of decor between old part of hotel and new super, bedrooms spotless big comfy bed and nice soft pillows we had room 217 overlooking the walled garden nice and quiet, dinner was cooked to perfection with a good choice of dishes, only annoying thing was having to pay for tea or coffee if you wanted it shame as its not a cheap hotel, Breakfast could not be faulted with lots of choice,All staff very helpful and pleasant with time for guests. I would recommend this hotel

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the walled garden on 2nd floor we stayed in 217
Wirral
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I led a group of 16 veteran walkers who stayed here for 3 nights. I got nothing but praise from our members regarding the high standards of this establishment. The dinners were well presented and tasty to match, and the staff obtained satisfying alternatives for those with special or fussy dietary needs. Served breakfasts including some specials were on offer during our stay.
The rooms and leisure facilities provided a pleasant and relaxing time after a day walking in the the Forest of Bowland. All the staff that I came in contact with went out of their way to be helpful. I would stay here again if I wanted accommodation on the north side of Preston.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Back to Barton Grange again. Nothing has changed. Still the best value hotel I have stayed in anywhere worldwide. Not the glitziest, not the most comfortable, not in a stunning location but just simply fabulous value for money with a staff that could hold their own against anybody else's. I woul never pass this hotel, if I was staying in this area ( or further afield).

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MCASPETH
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Since my last review the Barton Grange are now on a refurbishment programme and I was lucky enough to be allocated one of these rooms. This ceratinly puts Barton Grange as the place to stay when in the Preston area. As always the staff were excellent and friendly. Looking forward to staying here again soon.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 16, 2012

The staff are so friendly and helpful and very customer focused who can't do enough for you.
The food is excellent, great choice and fresh - the vegetables must be steamed - very tasty and a huge choice of delish breakfast too - cooked to order not been hanging around
The pool and gym whilst small are not shared with outside members, so often have it all to myself, no steam room but lovely sauna
I had room 5 this time, the bed engulfed me and i did not want to get out of it
old fashioned bath and modern shower
only issue is the night safety doors were outside my room and a bit noisy in the morning till they were opened again
enjoy your stay....

Room Tip: over looking the garden is nice and room 5 provided you can sleep through the safety door being open...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Worcestershire, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed hear for a weekend whilst visiting Preston Guild. From the minute we arrived everything was great. Catherine on reception looked after us really well. Excellent meal in the bistro on the Friday night and great breakfasts every morning..... Proper bacon and sausages!
Our rooms overlooked the gardens and were really quiet. We'll definitely be going back.
Lovely touches like the witty do not disturb signs on the door. Free drinks at their garden centre down the road was a good idea.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Preston
Preston Marriott Hotel
Lancaster House
Lancaster House
#1 of 7 in Lancaster
Premier Inn Preston North Hotel

Been to Barton Grange Hotel? Share your experiences!