“Staff were wonderful and amazingly happy and helpful”

Preston Marriott Hotel
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Preston
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My son got married here, the staff were proffesional, friendly happy and rook care of every fine detail. Nothing was too much. Anybody who reads this looking for a wedding venue, look no further, here is just perfect :)

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Anita T
Write a ReviewReviews (1,037)

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I had a perfectly good stay at this hotel.Staff were helpful and pleasant, my room fine. A really nice touch is free Tea and Coffe available in Reception for guests arriving or with optional takeaway cups those checking out. Good stuff!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank fivestarfrankie
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed here for my best friends 30th birthday as part of a package and I have to say the staff were wonderful and couldn't do enough for all of our stay. We had a brilliant time and would definitely recommend anyone to stay here it is well worth it. The room was spacious and extremely clean.....and I'm a real fuss pot. The food was gorgeous and we all finished every course and really enjoyed it. We will certainly be coming back and telling all our friends and family. Thanks to you all.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Daneriffic
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel is fine. Very nice rooms, clean quiet, all I would want. The restaurant was good and service is very good. Front desk staff should be terminated. They were focused on the trival and ignored my primary request. I really do not care for a paper or my welcome gift and I don't know my wake-up call time when I check in, but as my companion was recently injured and has mobility issues, the location and access of the room is what I cared about;. Sadly the staff did not. Further at check out they assumed we wanted to be billed in US dollars and I had to force them to credit and redo it in pounds, as the cost was some $25 higher with their conversion than would come from my bank. (which charges nothing for it) A decent hotel but be prepared to have to defend your interests

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We stayed at the hotel due to its being a good base from which to visit the Lake District. Our youngest son (15yrs), is studying GCSE in geography and wanted to see the Lake District. The hotel staff were very professional and polite and friendly. We booked a twin double beded room which was comfortable and spacious. The first night I didn't sleep very well as the aircon wasn't working and the room was uncomfortably warm. The reception staff said they would get someone to look at it during the day whilst we were out. On returning to the hotel from the Lakes we were told that the aircon was broken and we could move to a new room which had a working aircon. The move was bit inconvenient as we had pack and unpack our luggage again. The manager kindly compensated us by giving us a large amount of reward points and wiped out what was left on our bill.
The breakfast was very good and laid out and presented very well.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We have used this hotel a few times on our way to Scotland. It is a excellent position very close to M6. The package deals are very good and the dinner package is excellent with the food being of a good standard. The rooms are ok, nothing special but it served the purpose. We will definitely use the hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PaulF503756
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I got married a year ago and had our reception at The Marriott, on that day it was perfect in terms of the setting, the service and the value.
A year later I phoned up The Marriott to see if it was possible for me to bring my wife back as an anniversary surprise for our wedding breakfast again.
On arrival we went through to the bar area as we had been told the restaurant wasn't open on a week day lunch time.
The staff however had set up a table for 2 in the restaurant especially for us looking out onto their fantastic gardens.
The service was excellent, every member of staff who was on congratulated us on our anniversary, we were made to feel special and valued and the staff couldn't have done any more to make our day special.
The chef made our 3 course meal exactly as it was on our big day.
I could not have wished to be treated any better by the staff at The Marriott- excellent

• Stayed: August 2013