“A mixed bag of excellent and truly awful service”

Preston Marriott Hotel
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Preston
Nebraska
“A mixed bag of excellent and truly awful service”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel is fine. Very nice rooms, clean quiet, all I would want. The restaurant was good and service is very good. Front desk staff should be terminated. They were focused on the trival and ignored my primary request. I really do not care for a paper or my welcome gift and I don't know my wake-up call time when I check in, but as my companion was recently injured and has mobility issues, the location and access of the room is what I cared about;. Sadly the staff did not. Further at check out they assumed we wanted to be billed in US dollars and I had to force them to credit and redo it in pounds, as the cost was some $25 higher with their conversion than would come from my bank. (which charges nothing for it) A decent hotel but be prepared to have to defend your interests

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel due to its being a good base from which to visit the Lake District. Our youngest son (15yrs), is studying GCSE in geography and wanted to see the Lake District. The hotel staff were very professional and polite and friendly. We booked a twin double beded room which was comfortable and spacious. The first night I didn't sleep very well as the aircon wasn't working and the room was uncomfortably warm. The reception staff said they would get someone to look at it during the day whilst we were out. On returning to the hotel from the Lakes we were told that the aircon was broken and we could move to a new room which had a working aircon. The move was bit inconvenient as we had pack and unpack our luggage again. The manager kindly compensated us by giving us a large amount of reward points and wiped out what was left on our bill.
The breakfast was very good and laid out and presented very well.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We have used this hotel a few times on our way to Scotland. It is a excellent position very close to M6. The package deals are very good and the dinner package is excellent with the food being of a good standard. The rooms are ok, nothing special but it served the purpose. We will definitely use the hotel again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PaulF503756
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I got married a year ago and had our reception at The Marriott, on that day it was perfect in terms of the setting, the service and the value.
A year later I phoned up The Marriott to see if it was possible for me to bring my wife back as an anniversary surprise for our wedding breakfast again.
On arrival we went through to the bar area as we had been told the restaurant wasn't open on a week day lunch time.
The staff however had set up a table for 2 in the restaurant especially for us looking out onto their fantastic gardens.
The service was excellent, every member of staff who was on congratulated us on our anniversary, we were made to feel special and valued and the staff couldn't have done any more to make our day special.
The chef made our 3 course meal exactly as it was on our big day.
I could not have wished to be treated any better by the staff at The Marriott- excellent

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed for one night late Aug 2013. We opted for the romance package which for an additional £40 included evening meal, champagne, chocolates on arrival and late check out. The package was well worth the £40. The evening meal was amazing, great food, good portion sizes. The champagne was left unopened at our request as I am expecting. The chocolates on arrival turned out to be strawberries dipped in chocolate.. Arrived at our room a little late but were lovely. We both had a Swedish massage which was amazing. Pool was a little small but hot tub was great. Breakfast was served buffet style so u can't go hungry. Location- just off the motorway so perfect for us as we literally went to do nothing. Gardens were lovely. Room was clean but hotel corridors and windows were dirty. Staff very professional and curteous.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

I m still in the hotel and can't sleep it 2:30 here because they don't have bed for my son according to them they sold all family rooms because of long weekend. I have already booked double bed and sofa bed for my son. anyways my son and his father are sleeping on a very small double bed it's a terribly smmaller room I ever seen in my life there is not any space if I cant sleep on floor. I will say don't waste your money on thier go for cheaper hotels they give you good service.

1 Thank Abuzark
Reviewed August 21, 2013

There is plenty of parking for his hotel and is literally 2 mins drive from the motorway junction. There are a few nice restaurants and inns near the hotel, but here was no need. The staff were great and helped in everyway that they could. My boyfriend (now fiancé) had asked if we could be separate in the restaurant so he could propose and the staff couldnt be more helpful. We even got complimentary chocolate dipped strawberries and sorbet inbetween the starter and main course. The food was a little pricey but large portions and excellent quality. The room was a standard double it was clean and overlooked the patio near one of the restaurants. The en suite was modern and clean also. It only cost £78 for me and my fiancé for a night with breakfast in the morning. I think that was an excellent price for the service and quality of this hotel. Especially when i recently paid £110 to stay in a 3 star that was dark and dirty and a lot smaller than the marriott. Overall our experience there was amazing and we would definately recommend this hotel and we will be going again, hopefully very soon!!

• Stayed July 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Preston
Barton Grange Hotel
Holiday Inn Preston
Holiday Inn Preston
#10 of 15 in Preston
Macdonald Tickled Trout Hotel

Been to Preston Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!