“Great Lunch”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The Continental is a little off the beaten track just outside of Preston and by the River Ribble where the West Coast Main Line crosses it. the beer garden at the back is lovely on a sunny day and it was sunny on the day we went. The interior is comfortable and the menu is very nice with its specials as well. we arrived at 11:50 as we needed to be away promptly as it was a working day. Be aware they don't open until Noon. A mixture of Salads, Hot and cold sandwiches and chips were ordered. Everyone was happy with their meal, and I can recommend the Caesar Chicken Salad, It's great. Will be going back, well done to all.

One thing, this is not the first time We've been and its always been lovely.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Birthday meal out with the family.
Surprised, in a pleasant way, by the menu. Had a lovely meal with a gorgeous pudding!!
Only criticism would be sticky tables.

1  Thank Quirky H
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Went for a meal, Tuesday night, so busyish but not packed. Shared a starter and had a main each, sharing a couple of sides. I had the duck which I thought was excellent, and my partner had the braised beef. Both really tasty and well prepared. Portions sizes have improved. Had a couple of meals there about 18 months ago and decided we wouldn't go back.But decided to tonight for a birthday meal, I don't know whats changed, maybe a new chef? and the interior was redecorated, chairs recovered etc, looked really nice and the food has definitely improved.
The service was excellent, the staff have always been good here as far as I am concerned, and were attentive, and really friendly and professional.
Will go back for sure.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

A great pub, bringing big-city chic to Preston. Excellent beers and ciders and good food (although becoming more expensive). Service can be slow at peak times due to the volume they have to produce, but you just need to go with the flow. A recent facelift to the loos needs to be followed up with an refresh of the conservatory area.

A massive improvement on what the Continental was a few years ago, for those that remember its previous incarnation.

I had written a fuller review on the Continental, however this was deleted for some inexplicable reason, so this is a summary of my views.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Visited with my husband and a couple of friends for an evening meal on a Saturday evening. Good selection of drinks and food. Prices very reasonable and I felt slightly higher standard than a normal pub. Great night!!